Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bonz Offline OP
OP Offline

How to you get From activation to understanding.....

I have been closely analyzing the PR system and I have realized the importance of PURPOSE.

Guyz, Having a good purpose i.e. What is in it for you, what is your ultimate application of the material is important. What Purpose does is that it opens neuro-path ways getting you to sorted out the information that is coming in. And putting tags so to say on the material for later activation.

THis was were my ultimate sit back was but with a good purpose the true power of the system is felt and realised the "GRAND A HA " moment that we as photoreaders anticipate is finally achieved. THe more you practice establishing a purpose the more defined your life becomes.

Hope that this enlightment will serve as a Guide to Activation.

Yours in good faith,
Bonz

This information is very helpful. Purpose for me, as for many others, is the hardest step, because some of us don't know what we are asking is too vage or not.

It would help a lot if you could write an example for everyone to see. It doesn't matter what kind of books you are using. Just name the subject and type a few things you would be asking yourself before PR the book.

Thanks again for the information, and hopefully, I will be able to find those "A-Ha" Moments very soon.

Rain

Bonz Offline OP
OP Offline

On that point,

Currently I am PR a series of books on accelerated learning my personal favourite is the Business of Memory by Frank Felberhaum.

This is were you begin why do you want to read this book. while my ultimate Goal is to improve my memory but a purpose like that is very general and can only lead to direct learning. However, when you preview the material you get a brief interlude the material has and than you establish a more specific purpose based on the content of the book. e.g when your read the title table of contents, Bold and italised sections of a book. You lock those in your mind and decide whether it is neccasary for you to continue and how does it relate to your initial purpose. You than establish a fixed puspose inlight of the contents of the material you are reading. THis is the formula to the A Ah moments.

THis should however be directly linked with why you want to read the book in the first place. You cannot possibly read on chemistry when you dont even have a personal relation or motivation to read. Getting good grades or a high paid job is good but you need to get specifics search out the meaning.

A more simplified version of purose. Think of PR as driving a car, you can be the most skilled driver but if you do not know where you are going you will be driving the whole day without reaching a unset detination. But if you know where you are going and you know te shortest ways then be sure you will arrive on time. A general purpose in this case would be I want to drive my car but a more specific purose is I want to drive my car to my mothers house.

Hope you understand,
Yours in learning
Bonz

Thank you very much. That does explain a lot. I tried it and words on the page did pop out at me. Even though I wasn't exactly PRing the book. It's a very useful skill to learn, no matter what kind of subject I'm are learning currently.

Speaking of Chemistry, that's exactly what I'm learning this year, and I think it's the hardest subject to PR or set purpuses, because of the complication in material that covers a section of a unit of a chapter. =b

Do you have any suggests of any sort?

Rain

Hi! Yes i have a suggestion. Do a search on chemistry. You will find posts that other people were asking about chemistry. I am sure you will find a lot of information there.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

If you want to get comprehension of the book build the knowledge with activation in multiple layers don't try to rush it with one over long activation pass use more shorter layers. Build the mind map as you go.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved