Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56037 09/14/06 05:22 PM
OP Offline

When completing one cycle of seven steps, should I be starting the next cycle on the left foot. I know the manual says,"Always start with your left leg and alternate through the exercise." However, it's not clear to me whether or not I should start again with the left leg or just continue the alternating which would mean that the second cycle, level one, would begin on the right foot.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forum and I can't find any reference to this specific question.

Hi Delta,

Seven steps starting with the Left leg means that your next cycle of seven steps will start with the Right leg.
All that Master Lin means is that you always commence the exercise with the left leg do the first seven then your right leg starts the next cycle of seven steps then next cycle starts with the left leg again.
If you watch the CD or video you will see that this is how Master Lin does it.
Practice along with the CD and if you get mixed up, try watching it through a mirror and then you will be using the same leg!
The main thing is to do it and don't worry too much if you get mixed up at first it will sort out as you persevere. There is no 'bad' way of doing SFQ if your intention is 'good'. There is only good, better and best.

Love and light,
Faune

OP Offline

Faune:

Duh.

I never thought to watch him on the video through the entire sequence to see what he would do. God knows I've analyzed every other movement with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks

It alright to analyze it with a fine toothed comb. Then once you done that you can let go and embrace the meditations as you should. At least that the process I went through.

If you can dig up old enough posts, you'd find that no one ask more or more niggley questions than I did. However, I finally learned that it's where your head and heart are that is important. That will get you from good to better and a long way to best.

Keep embracing it in whichever way is right for you, right now. And as always review the six secrets to success.

You are perfection.
Iam2

OP Offline

Thank you Iam2.

Will do.

I am totally confused!!! I wonder if I've been doing the Seven Steps wrong for almost 10 months!

The way I understood it is that it's actually two steps for each level. So starting with Step 1, you raise your left foot and draw energy to the lower dantien level. Then you repeat with the right foot, again to the lower dantien level. Then you move on to the heart level, repeating first left and then right.

So when you get through all seven steps (or technically 14 in a niggly sense), you start over again with your left foot.

Somebody tell me what I'm missing here!!!

Thanks from another niggler,
DeniseH

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha DeniseH,

You hit each spot twice -so you've done double duty for 10 months, that's alright.

It's set up to start with raising the left foot while bringing the energy to the first level. Then followed by the right foot to the next level, continuing to the top level (7th) and then starting back at the first level with what ever foot is next to move.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn,

Thank you so much for the explanation. WOW!!!!!!!! I can't believe how many times I've watched that video (and listened to the instructions on the CD version) and never heard that right.

I am counting the days until the retreat - I'm getting so excited. It's going to be fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeniseH

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Me too!

on many levels...

...there's a lot of work still to do in preparing for this!

...this is all coming together and looking to be another great 6-day experience!

...my folks are watching "Mr. Handsome" at home so both my wife and I will be able to be there fully!

...I wonder if Jeffdengr can squeeze a couple fresh coconuts in his luggage?

Much Love and see you soon,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved