Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56050 09/15/06 05:02 AM
rocklad Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello all,

I was fascinated by the portion of SFQ that talked about different sleep patterns for different season. He spoke in general terms, early and late, but if I wanted a specific sleep schedule, could someone give me one?

I'm a newbie but one of the main reasons I invested in this is because I desire to sleep less (currently sleeping 7-8 hours/night and would like to get that down to about 5).

Best!

mm

If you listen to the seasonal sleep patterns, the sure do seem to follow the lengthening and shorting day cycles, as well as the working patterns of someone working in close connection with nature (like a farmer).

My recommendations are to be in sync with the sun, and get up early enough that you can do SFQ and still get to work on time, in an unrushed fashion. Finish your work for the day so you are comfortable having time to meditate before going to sleep.

If this results in your doing SFQ during the best times of 5-7am , 11am-1pm, 5-7pm, and 11pm-1am, then that is great. I would say it is more important the attitude you bring to the meditations, than the times you do them. I would say it is more important to do them regularly, and the same times, than to get them at the best times.

I would say you are the best person to know when it is best for you to sleep and meditate. Just listen and follow your guidance.

You are perfection.
Iam2

rocklad Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your help. I will listen to my own inner voice for the answers to these questions.

mm

However, I won't complain if anyone else wants to put their 2 cents in, either Especially re: how many hours a night is ideal.

rocklad, it really does all depend on you. When I was regularly meditating 3 or more hours a day, I found that five hours a night was more than plenty. I tried going back to sleep, but was fully refreshed. So I just started getting up earlier and doing more in the morning.

Now, I need at least six hours. Actually, I need to do more meditating, but until I get into a better practice I'll be going on about 7 hours.

It's also not just a trade off of 20 or 40 minutes of meditation and you can reduce your sleep. The nature of your meditation will determine how rejuevinating it is for you.

Also don't discount sleep. It's an natural meditation for going into the emptiness and healing yourself.

You are perfection,
Iam2

rocklad Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved