Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

first of all, I've a desk and my computer on my bedroom because I live with 3 other guys, each one has his own room, so there's no place for placing it anywhere else.

Here's a real picture from my bedroom.

I'm a number 4 and I'm sleeping with my head pointing to NW, my frustration direction. And working with my desk towards SW.

Here is the original placement, as everything is right now.

And here is my idea for changing it.

I may be able to get rid of one of the night tables if necessary when reposition, to alleviate some congestion.

Hi,

is it possible to sleep with the head to the wall? Then your bed direction would be SE. It's not a power position but you could place a mirror opposite the door (and not reflecting the bed) so that you could see the door when in bed. I'm not sure about your bed in the middle of the room. If you have a solid headboard it's OK, because you'll feel more protected. I think it's a very good idea to change the computer table so that you can face the door. for your desk a mirror opposite the door would work as well. Maybe you can somehow arrage it that you have some space when entering the room. it's very difficult, but I'm sure you'll find the best solution for your place.

Cheers,
astrid

Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey,

thank you for the answer.

This is how I placed everything (new placement), after much trying it's the only way I could figure out.
The only way the bed could be placed against a wall, is if I pointed it towards SE, my growth direction. I personally prefer the current direction, which is SUCCESS.

The original headboard is waaaaay too long, so I can't place it on the bed now. To replace it I've used the headboard from a smaller bed we had. It's not very aesthetic, but well, it should do the trick. This is how it's placed right now (headboard).

The way the desk is placed, I can't see the entrance door, but I can see if somebody comes toward me just turning my head slightly to the right. Is that ok?

Btw, since I do my desk work in this room, I've two mineral water bottles around, should I remove them when going to sleep?

Learning Strategies Corporation

Hi, Rogin. I think Astrid's suggestion of sleeping SE looks like the best solution for your space. The position you have it in in the link above looks very akward and restricts the energy flow. There also appears to be too much furniture for such a space. Can you use the desk as double duty for the table and night table? Regardless, I think you should rethink the layout. It's important to sleep towards a good direction but not necessary that it's success and especially if creates blockages in the room.

Here's my suggestion assuming none of the furniture can be removed: place the headboard on the SE wall near but not touching the window, the night table next against that wall and the table next to the night table which looks like it will be right up to the wall of the entrance. Move the drawers to the NW wall opposite the bed and put the desk facing SE (your back near the NW wall) in the area by the wardrobe.

The water bottles should be fine but it's a good idea to put them away just for decluttering.

Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok, I really thought sleeping towards the success direction was a must, unless it couldn't be, due to impossible placement.

Is this what you mean? Actually I may be able to get rid of the ex-computer table (violet rectangle), placing what's on it (printer and 5 plastic files) over the drawers.

3rd possibility

Btw, I've big mirror on the NW wall, close to the wardrobe, mirroring back the entrance. I will not be able to see the entrance from bed, while the mirror stays on its current position. Can I place it just behind the desk (it will reflect me back while I'm sitting on the desk, which I hope isn't bad), where hopefully I'll be able to see the entrace from bed, without the mirror reflecting me while on the bed? If it's even possible.

Thank you very much to both, I appreciate it.

Yes, that's right. It does not have to be success. You go for the best direction you can get as the space allows. People also choose based on what they need in their life most if they have several options that work. In your case, it seems like SE is the only thing that works but that's still a good direction.Your new layout looks good. How does it feel?

Mirrors are tricky. Try moving it but be sure about your bed reflection. You may need to go to something smaller on the desk that you can put away during the day.

Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

Yes, that's right. It does not have to be success. You go for the best direction you can get as the space allows. People also choose based on what they need in their life most if they have several options that work. In your case, it seems like SE is the only thing that works but that's still a good direction.Your new layout looks good. How does it feel?

Mirrors are tricky. Try moving it but be sure about your bed reflection. You may need to go to something smaller on the desk that you can put away during the day.

It feels awesome, much less cluttered with that extra table out of the way. Thank you.
To make it almost perfect I'll definitely get a curtain on that window. It feels naked right now.

I'm not quite sure about the mirror position. I found a spot to place it, on which from the bed I can see the entrance door reflected on the mirror, but I can't see the bed reflected. That seems great. My question is, if I move away from the bed, to near the entrance, then I can see the bed reflected on the mirror, is that ok?

Also, placing the mirror there, it'll be on my right while I'm on the desk, reflecting my back (I seat on a high back chair as seen on the pictures), is that ok?

While sitting on my desk I already see the entrance, I don't need a mirror here. I guess I got the directions right, from what I heard on the cds. So you can get a feeling on where is everything right now, I've linked 2 pictures. The bed headboard pointed to SE and my desk facing SE and the entrace.

This is what I see while on my desk, entrance is on the left.
This is taken from the entrance.

I know, I should get rid of those Kill Bill posters, I'll in a while, once I get further in the course and figure out what to replace them with. It has improved in the last weeks tho, previously I also had a Batman Returns poster, a 4 feet tall poster picturing a bottle rack plenty of alcohol bottles (I rarely drink, even wine heh) and a 4 feet wide poster of NY at night, with the ocean (water picture) and the WTC still there.

Hey,

that looks really good!! I think you shouldn't be troubled about the mirrow. somewhere in manual it is explained that it is important that the mirror does not reflect you while you're in bed ...

astrid

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved