Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56156 09/24/06 05:40 PM
OP Offline

I wanted to write and share a recent event that was experienced by several crew members from my ship.

During a monthly drill where the lifeboats are launched, the boat crew were told to take them out for a good run to warm them up and blow out the cobwebbs.

One crew took off over the horizon. This is fairly normal for these guys, most of them have been on the water since birth.

Although this crew failed to return radio contact after we lost visual contact with them. Repeated attempts yielded no reply. At one point we considered getting the ship underway to track them down with a search and rescue.

About the time we were to start the ship's main engines the lifeboat was coming over the horizon making it's way back. Still no radio contact.

After a long 20 minutes or so they pulled along side with some blank stares on their faces wondering why we were all looking at them.

After getting the lifeboat hooked up to the davitts they then realized that the radio was off and that there was a whole mess of fish in the bottom of the boat.

We queried the crew on where the fish had come from but they could only shrug their shoulders, they couldn't remember.

So we surmissed that it could only be an alien abduction case. I relay this to you now as none of the local authorities wanted to hear about it.

You should read John Mack's book "Abduction". It gives a perspective on the abduction phenomena far different from what you see on the X-Files and in other media. Mack believes the "aliens" are not extraterrestrials but rather supernatural beings and that the phenomena may or may not be physically "real" but that the distinction is insignificant.

Mack (a nobel-prize winning Harvard psychiatrist) bases his hypothesis not on personal first-hand experience but on interviews and hypnotic sessions with numerous "experiencers" as he calls them. He reveals that while the abduction experiences are often highly traumatic (especially initially) they also lead to personal and spiritual growth. The book is one of the best I've ever read about spirituality and metaphysics, I highly recommend it. The follow-up "Passport to the Cosmos" is also very good. Unfortunately Mack passed away recently.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved