Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everyone

I've only just received the trial CD lately and I've been using the example until I get the money together to buy the whole program (I'm really excited about it).

Anyway, I had a strange incident when using the example exercise while listening to my Holosync CD's before bed. It felt like a dam had burst and then all of a sudden I felt like I'd been injected with a sedative and I felt deeply relaxed and VERY sleepy.

Now, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and feeling sleepy isn't anything new for me - but it was a different kind of fatigue and I was wondering if anyone had ever had similar experiences or if you could please let me know what happened as I'm very curious about the whole thing?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
alternachair

Hello,
I wanted to mention a few relative points of clarification:
1) Qigong does not cause illness. Some people have side effects to practice. Side effects are not road blocks to practice. Side effects, if experienced, are part of a healing process. One continues the practice.
2) Qigong is a lifestyle practice, not an exercise, or exercise session. One could even view it as an understanding, and an 'original' way to be. A natural way. It is not a " I wonder what will happen if I put this in" type of thing.
3) It is not a good idea to mix things together in the same session. I am not familiar with Holosync, other than knowing it has an effect. That is enough to know, regarding it being better ,giving it its own time. I believe there are a few people in the forum who do both, and will perhaps share some of their experience , utilizing both.
4) Within the context of a qigong practice, and a focus on self healing, a statement like " I have Chronic Fatique Syndrome" is understood as being a self manifesting statement. Sort of a claim of ownership of something you don't want to own. Qigong practioners would use the term energy blockage, and then focus their practice on removing or clearing the blockage. It is done from a neutral, loving , non judgemental, non reactive position that brings clearity to a self healing, transformative process. This concept takes a bit to completely understand. Very basically, the idea of something, can manifest something. Clearing a blockage moves in the opposite direction. The idea(yin) is taken away, eventually breaking down the manifestation(yang).
love,
gallen

Gallen,
Wonderful wisdom in your No. 4 item above. Thanks for posting that. I have read it a couple of times now and am still feeling the simple, briliant clarity of it.
Maura

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved