Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56308 10/07/06 09:43 AM
Niro Offline OP
OP Offline

Hallo everybody,
I am from The Netherlands, and my English is not so good.

Oke, I am a beginner PR. I want to master it. I start practise it for 4 months.

But I have few questions.

Can you learn the PhotoReading System with just a book? Or You need the whole course, or training? Are here people who mastered the PR just with the book?

How long it does take for you to get the first activation, I mean your comprehensive of the subject is good enough that you don't need to read in the traditional way? (I know that you need a good purpose)

How does sound your purpose for a dictionary?

When activation, how does ideas, pictures, or anything come to you?

What you have to do for a good activation? I usually have a good purpose, and then request my subconscious mind to tell me about the subject. But usually I don't get anything. While I have a good purpose.

What are the most made mistakes of a beginner photoreader? What's the big obstacle for beginners photoreaders to get the best activation?

Can you tell how you mastered the Photoreading system? Your story about it. Success and fail story.

It's a lot of questions, but I am so interested in the PR, that I want learn it.

Kind Regards
Niro

Not sure ! So I will reference my experiences with the system.
Sometimes when I think of a question, I automatically know to search for an answer in a certain place of a book. I'll just pick it up and turn to that page almost involuntarily.

When I come to read the book traditionally my ability to understand the material seems to have increased and I can read it a lot faster. Lots of material is irrelevant in many books and once you are familiar with material u can remember the meaning to whole paragraphs.

I'd say don't expect it to work , just be pleasantly surprised when it does.

It seems to work best on bringing knowledge that you have previously studied to the forefront of your mind.

Why shouldn't it work? You have viewed all the words.

When you use manual activation - pick out keyword and making mindmaps or brainstorming u may find that you get more activations. To be fair though it is hard to pinpoint improvements to photoreading. It works great for projects where you have a very specific purpose.

I am still somewhat sceptical to whether it works completely(esp in the beginning ) but I kept an open mind and it is definitely beneficial in addition to traditional work and reading. It is really a matter of whether you can make it work for you. It encourages you to read for a start , usually I would find difficulty with a subject or it would take too long to read a book and I would give up. I have a very short attention span ( I am not in any way retarded) but it photoreading helps to overcome that to an extent.
So say I should spend 100 hours with an Anatomy Textbook, it is not going to happen so I quite immediately . With photoreading I may spend 10 hours or 30 hours and achieve a level of understanding of the subject that I otherwise would not.

Learning Strategies Admin

As a beginner you would be aiming to get your reading done in 1/3rd the time it takes you now. So if a book takes 12 hours to read with the traditional method you will spend about 4 hours with the book using PhotoReading.

For activation use Superreading and dipping or skittering to find answers to your mind probing questions. You cannot expect the non-conscious mind to just pop out the answers when you've never trained it to do that. Train it through manual activation. Build the information in layers.

Write your own story. Other peoples stories will create expectations and limitations to what ever your experience will be.

Experiment and play.

Alex

Niro Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your reply.

I think that I have the same problem of the most beginners.

subvocalise!

I need to subvocalise to get the right comprehensive.

By visual reading, I can remember the last two or three words, but I can't understand the whole phrase and the rest....

What is the best solution to win this obstacle?

Kind regards
Niro
Holland

I subvocalise... There isn't anything wrong with that.

What is pointless is subvocalising every single word. Increase your speed. Use Superread and dipping be selective with subvocalisation. Subvocalisation helps with comprehension. It doesn't help with speed So don't say all the words.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved