Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56415 10/11/06 02:34 AM
OP Offline

There is a large crystal chandelier hanging in the foyer of the office building where I own a business. The chandelier spirals downward in the general shape of the icon of this posting. Each level of the chandelier is a series of pointed slender 4 to 6 inch tubes of glass. It hangs just inside the double door entry to the building. The foyer is approx 20 feet high. From this foyer my clients need to walk through a double door and down a short hallway to reach my reception area. Energetically I feel that this chandelier has a negative impact on my space; can anyone suggest a cure? I have the FS Course through Level 3--can you recommend a reference in the materials?
Thanks

Hi,

I can only remember that MD recommends crystal chandeliers in the entrance and dining room or any other room with a relationship star.

Astrid

I think you have to determine the direction of the area where the chandelier is hung. You could think of the chandelier as having a lot of light energy (I'm using a crystal chandelier in a small space to help activate a power star - I leave it on all day until I go to bed), or water energy - which is really only beneficial in the north, or where it can be helpful (east, south east) - or not so good if it's in the west or northwest area of the floorplan - you might need to weaken it with a contrasting element - as water is weakened by wood, a plant might have double good effect here. Also, it may just disturb you if your personal energy is weakened by water - but of course still cure it!

It sounds as if you might also percieve the drops as being daggers or poison arrows, or perhaps the whole thing is just too large over your head when you walk under it.

If you determine the problem is not a compass direction issue, but a space one, such as the poison arrows, then you might try to divert the flow of traffic to keep people from walking directly underneath the light - stick a large plant there (the other good use for the plant) or a table and chair - part of the fun of Feng Shui is being creative with the activations!

I don't think it would effect people that much on a conscious level unless they pass through that foyer on a daily basis, then they might begin to feel the stress of it. I was sleeping next to a poison arrow and a shoulder injury I had began to get worse. It was like my body was unable to heal while I slept. I would wake up feeling like I had slept "wrong" on my shoulder every morning. I was out to buy some activations and I happened to be reviewing Marie's cd on poison arrows in the car on the way over, which lead me to buy a table runner to cover the corner that was directed at my shoulder while I slept. The first morning I awoke with absolutely no pain! I was astounded - and months later the pain has not returned and my shoulder has healed considerably better. I directed my headboard to my success direction and things have smoothed out - with some cool manifestations and better pay at work.

I come across lots of activations in discount home decor isles in max for the minimum stores - some are unexpected, like a pair of great Fu Dogs, a lovely convex mirror and a nifty wealth ship - I had no idea where to look for one, and one just showed up.

Also, for chandeliers in general, I put reveal type bulbs in the two I have and the difference is profound, much more like daylight. If you can clean the crystals with a bit of lavender oil in the solution that would help the overall energy of the chandelier and would feel and smell that much better too. I use lavender oil in a diffuser quite a bit, and you can find lots of lavender enhanced cleaning products out there - especially Method.

One last thing, I have to applaud LSC for producing another fantastic program! DFS is an awesome resource and learning tool, I just love it. Other great ones are AFL and SFQ. Highest quality production and information per dollar, hands down.

Originally Posted By: astrid
Hi,

I can only remember that MD recommends crystal chandeliers in the entrance and dining room or any other room with a relationship star.

Astrid

Yeah I remember that too.

Hi,

I had a visit from a friend of mine who studied feng shui in China. She said that crystal hangings represent the tears of the women in the household. She recommended to replace my crystal chandelier (entrance) by a normal lamp as she felt that the crystals produced a lot of pressure in my entrance. Her recommendation has nothing to do with Diamond Feng Shui. But I feel good with it. My friend uses a different approach to Feng Shui and she confirmed many of the changes I had implemented.

Love,
Astrid

CathyHull #80786 11/26/12 12:18 PM

Let’s face it; nothing makes a more elegant statement than the beauty of a cut Crystal Chandelier. The way the crystal prisms refract the light is something to behold. They come in so many styles, from very ornate to understated, and can be used with almost any room décor. Crystal Chandeliers come in a variety of colors as well; clear crystals will reflect a brighter light and darker amber prisms and pendants will give off a warmer, golden glow.

While generally decorative, crystal chandeliers can give off ambient lighting that can be enhanced with matching wall sconces or table lamps. The sizes of crystal chandeliers fall into three categories. Pieces over 20 inches in diameter are considered a medium chandelier and any chandelier over 36 inches is considered a large foyer statement piece. Mini Chandeliers are less than 20 inches, please visit our Mini Chandelier section for a complete selection of these smaller fixtures.

Again, with a large lighting fixture, if you are hanging it over a table it needs to be at minimum 30 inches from the table top. When hung in a foyer or hallway, it should be at least 7 feet from the floor. If you have a particularly large open space you may want a two or three-tier chandelier to fill up some of the space with more width. If you want to accent with wall sconces they should be placed 60 inches from the floor six to eight feet apart.

Even if you don’t have the large open spaces needed for one of these large statement chandeliers, there are many flush and semi-flush mount Crystal Chandeliers that you can have installed that will beautify your dining room or entryway. Smaller Chandelier fixtures will adorn your hallways perfectly without overpowering them. There are even lovely smaller wall sconces for bathrooms and vanities to match and enhance your bedroom.

Crystal Chandeliers

Cathy, in response to... "Each level of the chandelier is a series of pointed slender 4 to 6 inch tubes of glass. It hangs just inside the double door entry to the building."
- the pointed tubes are poison arrows. Page 65 of Level 1 describes poison arrows.

The shape of the glass is sending harmful 'cutting energy' to whatever is below and because it sounds like there are a lot of glass pieces with sharp ends pointing downward, it's likely a substantial 'hit' at one time. As suggested above, if possible to place something below the chandelier to divert the traffic but not cause access issues for your customers, it's a good solution. Otherwise, investing in a different light fixture may be the better way to go.

Also, "Energetically I feel that this chandelier has a negative impact on my space..." - our bodies are often correct and more people should listen to theirs as you are! It's great you're looking at alternatives.

Wishing you all the best.....Shirley

In the course, Marie said that the chandelier is very auspicious and attracts prosperity. She does not say anything about the crystals on the chandelier if they are poison arrows and it makes it bad (that I can remember). I say you should keep it there if your business is prospering. OR, you can remove it and see if your business starts to fail. If it does.. you may want to put it back

Last edited by Mayflowers; 01/15/13 02:51 PM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved