Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56451 10/13/06 10:34 PM
OP Offline

The 2006 Spring Forest Qigong Retreat has just ended at the Radisson Hotel in Plymouth, Mn.

It was without a doubt the best annual SFQ Retreat here yet. Having attended last year and found it a very deeply moving spiritual and healing experience, this year was able to top even that experince for me.

Organizationally it is a joint effort between Learning Strategies Corp and Master Lin's Spring Forest Center.

One major difference. At the 2005 Retreat the Assistants were only allowed to coach others to do healing themselves. At this Retreat the Assistants, all from the Spring Forest Center, were literally "Unleashed" to do healing as well as coaching and teaching. They brought the energy level to a all new high. I saw much more people practicing healing technics and believe it was because of the Assistants doing what they do best.

Shawn Grim ran the technical stuff such as sound and lights flawlessly, silently as a Ninja Shadow supporting the Noh Theater. He then gracefully stepped up to the plate and filled in for Paul Scheele when Paul had to leave early and miss the last few days.

The entire staff was supportive and very responsive to everyone's needs. The food was great and people with individual needs were also cared for.

I was partial to the evening meditations. Going into the emptiness and the high energy level with Master Lin took me to new places, deep inside, as it did once before. How high? How deep? It doesn't really matter. I simply found Happiness in the Light.

At the end of last year's Retreat I knew that I had changed deep inside with Master Lin's help although it wasn't really clear what happened. Maybe this year I feel a bit more clarity and I believe that I have again, easily changed in a growing and healing way as much as last year. It was definately food for the Soul.

So overall, LSC & Spring Forest Center- They came, they saw, they really listened to people and then kicked butt. (this is a good thing).

Aloha

Jeff

Hi jeff. Happy to hear all went well. I must
admit I am a little envious of all of you who got
to go. I can only wonder what it must be like.
gabby

LFK Offline

Thanks, Jeff, for providing the review.
I hope I'll be able to participate in next year event.

LFK

Thanks Jeff for sharing your experience, do people work on each other during the retreat as well? Have you seen the "Your Healing Power" DVD that LSC has put out - how does it compare to what is shown on that video? Just curious.... thanks again.

-Dave

OP Offline

Hi Dave;

Yes,people do work on each other. I did work on many people while there and believe that many people who were beginners were lifted to a much higher level of confidence. Seeing the Assistants working on others regularly through the day just made it an accepted practise. This year seemed to have much more participation.

I have seen the DVD but don't think it's a fair comparison to having approximately 200 people in the same space doing the same thing. In the mornings after the active exercises you could feel the heat in the hotel and that was just the start of the day. Having so many powerful and wonderful people there was just a thing of beauty.

There are many things that come up at the Retreat that happen no where else.

Aloha

Jeff

I, too went to this year's retreat and loved it. This was my second year. I returned because the first year was so powerful for me. This year was equally powerful in different ways. I had a comparison point this year that I didn't have last year. I also had the opportunity to see folks I had met and interacted with at the retreat and really enjoyed talking about changes in our lives that had occurred over the past year.

The concentrated time with Master Lin is well worth the cost of the retreat. Just to be in his presence is joyful and healing. His love and his presence is tangible thoughout the week in every part of the building.

The interaction time with the Teaching Assistants and their presence was a powerful experience for me. I often found when I sat near a teaching assistant or a returning retreater my meditations were enhanced.

I found being able to interact and talk with retreat participants gave me ideas for further practice, affirmed what I was doing, or simply brought about connections that were powerful for me.

Aloha
Nickie

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Quote:

Have you seen the "Your Healing Power" DVD that LSC has put out - how does it compare to what is shown on that video? Just curious.... thanks again.

-Dave

Aloha Dave,

The Your Healing Power DVD was put together to be supplimental to those with the Level I & II homes tudy course, as well as useful for those looking into Spring Forest Qigong. It offers a peek into a retreat to provide some information and insight to new and old students alike.

As Nickie and Jeffdenger have noted, being in the group with Master Lin and doing the work for 6 days is why it is so impactful and why a quarter of the participants returned from last year, and another 125 are signed up to return next year.

There are also all those special things that people come to expect from our retreats, as well as special topics by Chunyi. There were two exercises for wieght loss we did during our mini-breaks that he's only mentioned to an advance student. Another presentation later in the week, he'd previously done just once 10 years ago at a Level IV retreat. Ying Zhang, the woodwinds performer and director from the Level I & II meditation CD (Inner Beauty & Back To the Universe), even performed for dinner one evening!

Of course you get to meet familiar faces from the Forum (Gallen was a Teaching Assistant at the first one, that aloha-shirted Jeffdengr was back for a second time this year, Nickie brought her golden smile again this year, etc.), and meet new friends to share and support you in your work. There are "healing buddies" from the first retreat that still meet weekly over the phone, Skype, or email to work on each other or friends in need.

It's truely a wonderful experience at many different levels (even when one is moving in the background, "silently as a Ninja Shadow supporting the Noh Theater."

Maybe we'll see you there next year,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved