Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SamPLaT Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi All:
I am back after a long hiatus from SFQ with renewed vigor to get well from CFS....anxiety/panic,etc. I previously stopped because I couldn't deal with the anxiety and fear from the SU meditation and movements. But I have come to a new place and understanding and am ready to go.
I also got a great deal of support from some folks at the SFQ Institute who have been through the same. It was inspiring and helpful.

I have thought of doing a bit of distance work with one of the Masters to help open some of the main channels, but I'll see what I can do for a bit.

I ahve one q about Harmony of the Universe breathing; that initial inbreath with arms going overhead and holding until you've covered head has always been a bit challenging and so I wonder if there are any ways to modify.
thanks
Sam

SamPLaT, if you search the forum you'll find that this problem is probably tied in first place with keeping you balance during the Seven Steps, for the most common difficulty.

I know I struggled with it too. Of course when you stop struggling, is when it happens. I've never heard of any variants, just do what you have to do to stay relaxed. Relax and enjoy the harmony and it will happen.

My other suggest, for when you having troubles with any of the exercises, is focus on the energy and not the movement. In this case focus on the energy and not the breathing.

If you relax more, you'll inhale slower and be full as the right time. You won't over inhale, and exhale too quickly. Then rush the movements to keep the synchronizaton. Relax and feel the energy.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Hi SamPLaT, it's my understanding that in qi gong, it's more important to do the exercises as well as you comfortably can, rather than strive for perfection. Iam2 gave you some great advice.

warmth & light,

spiral

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved