Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

I was wondering: Would it help to photoread a text several times over the course of several days?

I have some books I need to read, and I was wondering if photoreading the books several times a week would allow for better activation. I wonder if it might be redundant, but at the same time, if neural pathways are being established, would the neural pathways be more concrete by photoreading the books several times over the course of several days?

Just wondering..

-Jason

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

For some books the answer will be yes for others no. Textbooks you are often expected to read three times to get the full understanding that the teacher/lecturer expects for the course.

It doesn't hurt to PhotoRead a couple of times if you are having trouble getting in tune with a purpose for reading.

If you find activation difficult just PhotoRead the book again as part of the activation step.

Train your body mind connection to tell you if you should PhotoRead again.. yes go for it, feeling saturated or full then take that as a no and see how the activation goes when you get to activating it.

Textbooks I suggest you PhotoRead daily for a couple of weeks when you get them. It doesn't have to be all your textbooks, rotate them. It can help make the information you're learning in the class much clearer and easier to understand ... classroom activation. Means less homework later for many.

Alex

JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

This is interesting:

Today, I decided to activate one of my texts, which I'd photoread several times over. I basically activated 50 pages of a chapter, but I intentionally activated small sections at a time. I treated each section as an article and picked out a few trigger words for each section. I was surprised to discover that as I activated, the trigger words really triggered something in my mind. On top of that, I thoroughly enjoyed the process!

I get the impression that the same will happen for my other required readings.

My midterm is on Wednesday, so I'll update on how things go

-Jason

P.S. I also noticed that being in the right state of mind is crucial. I couldn't activate anything when I was anxious. So I used 'Anxiety Free' and afterwards activation was happening so naturally.

Last edited by JasonC; 10/23/06 03:48 AM.

^_^ I agree with what you say Jason. Being relaxed makes a difference.

JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

So I took my test:

And I think I got an A, or at least a B. All the test questions were essay questions and they required some heavy analysis. I was surprised, however, to know that at the beginning of the exam, my thoughts were 'blank' on some of the questions. I knew I'd studied enough to answer them, but I was in a doubtful state. So I went onto other questions, which I was able to adequately answer, and my state began to shift. I knew that the more I relaxed and trusted my brain, the information would naturally be activated.

And that's exactly what happened! The answers were coming out as I was writing.
It's so clear to me that being in the ideal state is all the more necessary for activation!

-Jason

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved