Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56604 10/21/06 03:47 AM
OP Offline

I've been consistently doing Level 1 active and sitting exercises daily for four weeks. Recently the past four days after I've spent time doing level 1 and being in a "good place" spiritually and energy-wise, have gotten out to tackle the world, only to find my emotions running almost uncontrollably whether driving, talking or whatever... So, my friends...what gives. I feel major shifts occuring within my being. Any imput would be appreciated. flipstick

Hi Flipstick

I remember posting something about the arrival of negative feelings after very peaceful seeming active exercise sessions and asking for help to understand it as you have here. Iam2 made useful comments and I think the thrust of them was that it was energy being stirred up and then realeased. I've had physical sensations after SFQ which were not pleasant but not dreadful and the same advice has been offered. I just went with it and I notice I am not now generally bothered by these things.

I think it is a feature of 'complementary' practices that part of the healing process can involve some 'reactions' which are unpleasant. but usually short-lived. In one sense you might be grateful that these things happen as a sign that the healing is taking place. I had an acupucturist once who sugesed that her treatments were like reaching into a bowl that had mud (the 'illness') at the bottom. Her treatment took away some of the mud but the water was unsettled and cloudy for a while before settling down to a a better equilibrium. I found it a useful idea and my experience was that I would get different kinds of reactions which settled down after a few days with the net result that I felt better.

The very positive things you report re being in a good place during the exercises and the 'major shift' you report. Can I suggest that you go with these major developments with the confidence that the emotional side effects you feel will settle down.

Love

Kev

I think kev5 has said it very nicely. You are seeing the manifestations of your energy flowing more freely. You are moving towards a freer flowing and more balanced system. You could try and analyze it and figure out what is going on, and you might even come to the right answers. But does it really matter? When you know that what you need to do is continue your SFQ practice to make things better.

I could ramble on about what I think is happening, using some ideas about belief systems. Or I could talk about some of the recent ideas I've read about on Budhist (is it one or two d's, I've seen both), about ideas creating confusion to ensure their continued existance. Or Arnold Patents ideas about hiding the truth from yourself.

These ideas will all come down to recommending that you do fundamentally the same thing you do, by following SFQ. So you can cut to the chase and do as Master Lin suggests and "stay with the meditation".

I too have had negatively label emotions bubbling up lately. I have chosen, for the most part, to deal with them just like I deal with distracting thoughts during meditation. I smile at them and say, "that is not when I choose to direct my thoughts and energy", and allow them to dissolve or float away or leave in some other peaceful form. (being a good Jedi, ya know)

You are perfection; really.
Iam2

I too, have been having anger issues lately (last night) with maybe a little bit of it still hanging around, kind of like the mud analogy that kev5 gave. While my anger may have been a little bit directed at others, it was mostly directed at what I perceive is my current situation in life.

This is a case where I wonder if it would really be best for me to not direct my thoughts and energy to it. A "solution/insight" came up as a result of this, though I have to admit that I do not necessarily like what came up, but mostly because it is my own discomfort and fear.

I find myself very lost right now. I guess many would say that it is a good thing, that internal structures that do not serve me are dissolving, etc. but it doesn't really make me feel that much better.

Hey, this is just what I need to hear. Very recently, I've been getting sensations/emotions of wanting to just jump out of my skin. Not a pleasant feeling, let me tell you. Last night it happened right before going to bed. I did a sitting meditation and it helped immensely. Don't know why I didn't think of doing it before. Anyhow, It's good to know I'm not alone....

Hey! Where did the edit capability go? Not that I normally make mistake, or reread my posts, but we used to be able to go back and correct posts.

As for fear or other powerful feelings linked to guidance. I just want to say pay attention to the guidance. Delve into the feelings and the underlying beliefs/thoughts. If at all possible I recommend following your guidance, it's a great gift.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Iam2,

You should have an "Edit" link right above your post, but that goes away after 6 hours post-posting (default time setting by the Forum Software).

I've bumped it up to let members edit up to 48 hours after posting - giving you time to sleep on your replies

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks to everybody for assisting me with your insightful thoughts about intense anger after a relatively relaxing Level 1 session. Yes, you're right...
this to shall pass! However, I'm sure it will return as unexpectantly as it arrived the first time. I'm online again for a while, so sorry for the delay in responding. A heartfelt thanks to all who responded.

flipstick

flipstick use your practice to see the future and the now without anger arising agina. Or see yourself dealing with the anger promptly in a loving, caring and forgiving fashion. Self-concentration is a good time to see and create this good, or is it better, oh let's try and create the best us.

You are perfection.
Iam2

OP Offline

Thanks for the insight. the anger issues have somewhat subsided, however the issue has a long lasting history within my body and for now---the work of SFQ continues. I do appreciate your response and cherish your words. We must keep on keeping on.

ciao!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved