Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Howdy All,

I couldn't find anything in the archives about this so thought I'd ask here.
While doing Sword Fingers and Thunder Palms and making the ommm sound, does my tongue have to stay on the roof of my mouth?

For me, at least, this seems very awkward. It's difficult for me to maintain a low frequency while keeping my tongue in place.

One other question that I'm hoping someone can answer is this: Should my eyes remain open during the small circle meditation? It seems that if I'm tired and I close my eyes, I drift off into sleep, so I've been doing it with eyes open.

Must say that with Chunyi's guidance and vocalizations, this is the first time that I've ever been able to do the Microcosmic orbit successfully. Wonderful stuff!

Sincerely,
Jay

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JayK,

You can keep the tounge at the roof of the mouth during those three, progressivly softer ohms, but is it nessessary, no. You're looking to feel that vibration in your heart area those three times and continue on without physicall making the sound, so if you don't during them, then place your tounge at the roof of your mouth when done with the vocalizing.

Eyes closed during Small Universe. Slightly open in a soft gaze is fine. If falling asleep is a problem, open our fingers wider and see how that works for you. Maybe you need some sleep? ; )

Much Love,

Shawn

JayK Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Shawn,

Thank you so much for the explanations! Meant to post a reply earlier but a lightning storm cooked my computer.

Sincerely,
Jay

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved