Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56723 10/29/06 06:04 AM
kdefro Offline OP
OP Offline

Good Evening Spring Family:),

I am wondering if anyone can recommend some good music, along the same lines as all the music included with Levels 1 & 2, to use during the Active Exercises. While I love the compositions on the CDs, more variety would be wonderful.

It is hard to find music that will get you into the flow and stillness without distracting you.

Any recommendations would be wonderful!

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I've found that the CD "No Place like Ohm" works quite well. I also use the Ohm tuning forks . Both are available from www.soundhealingtools.com and www.toolsforwellness.com. I tried these because Master Lin uses the Om tone in his healing work. I guess they spell it "Ohm" in order to get the correct pronounciation.

Richard

I find any of the "Solitudes" music is very nice for background music for meditation or doing Qigong or Yoga exercises. I also use it as a background at times for some of my hypnosis sessions.

Recommended mostly for meditation are: "Lakeside Retreat" with Juno Award winning Solitudes founder, Dan Gibson (who passed away in Toronto on March 18th this year), as the artist; "Natural Meditation" with Ron Allen as the artist; and Natural Stress Relief" with David Bradstreet as the artist. Other good albums (although they may not be entirely useful for your purposes) are: "Best of the Solitudes" a double album of the best work of all of the above mentioned artists, and "Solitudes: English Country Garden", which is a lovely blend of country-side sounds with various music leaning heavily on Celtic-style music.

These albums, and others, are available through several online outlets - search "Solitudes and Music".

Cheers!
Unis

kdefro Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you both for your recommendations. I will absolutely check them out!!!!

The best music that I have ever found is The Healer's Way Volume I & II by Stella Benson (http://www.healersway.com). You can find her two cds on amazon.com (and many other places online) - she also sells books that explains the logic behind everything on each cd. I haven't ever found anything else that is even close to her music. It is very transforming. She has played at the bedsides of many sick and dying people and has been able to bring them comfort and healing. I can't recommend her stuff enough. I find her website a little cumbersome, but don't let that deter you, you can find her music on amazon.com and lots of other places.

Also have you noticed the new Sonic Access program by LSC? I think this link will take you there: http://www.learningstrategies.com/SonicAccess/Home.asp

This program has a lot of excellent stuff in it - well worth checking out too. The cds have a section with just the music which has a lot of good healing frequencies in it.

Another more unusual source of healing sounds is the Sound of the Bell by Thich Nhat Hanh - http://store.soundstrue.com/aw00347d.html I find the repeated sound of the meditation bell very calming and steadying. The meditation cd is very good quality, the packaging is a little strange, but the cd is fine, you'll probably want to keep it in jewel cd case instead of the packaging it comes in which is a bit cumbersome.

I write these suggestions with the greatest hope that people can find the healing resources that they need.

~ Peace ~

kdefro Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks again to all for taking the time to shoot some recommendations to me.

Love and Light,
Kevin

kdefro

we have been engulfed with a lot of "meditative" music the past five years.

i prefer almost everything by steven halpern. his "inner peace" cd is melodic, without stiffness. also try "sound medicine". sorry, but i don't know how else to explain.

"chanting om" by music for deep meditation is worth the price of admission.

deepak chopra has done a lot recently, try "the soul for healing meditation".

"chakra yoga meditation" by surajit das is challenging at times for concentration, but very uplighting.

there's so much out there. go to a store that let's you sample and have at it.

wishing you the best.

flipstick

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved