Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Momof12 Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm in grad school and I've been PRing since this summer. The most noticeable effect I've had is that a PR book feels "familiar" and new vocabulary and concepts don't slow me down as much. But as to reading with purpose, that is tough becasue my purpose is that I need to know the book well enough to access it for a number of reasons. Is it possible to have that as a purpose so that whatever paper I write now, or later, I can have some aspect of the book pop into mind? That is what I need as my courses relate rather than build on each other.

Also, I sometimes really enjoy reading the whole book if the writing is excellent, but I find I still PR because I feel I'm indexing the book into my mind. I guess that is my purpose with my books. Has anyone tried this successfully?

Finally, I've been doing some direct learning with kickboxing and writing books. I just PR them every few nights usually following a few rounds of EFT affirmations. Sometimes my kickboxing does seem to suddenly improve in an area, my punch or guard will shift successfully, but I don't recall anything from the book mentally so I wonder if it is just that or just normal growth from being in the gym.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I notice my post is missing. So posting again.

One purpose is enough. You'll probably find you have an overreaching purpose... to learn this so that I can compete this course to benefit my career in, the PhotoRead the book. When you start activating with the purpose will be refined to suit the immediate paper you are working on. The next activations my come weeks later for a new purpose for another paper.and different chapters. You'll probably find yourself locating the answers quickly. As if you're just using the book to refresh your memory.

I enjoy reading books from cover to cover sometimes. PhotoReading them first allows me to get much more information in the shortest possible time.

Direct Learning; it feels like you've known it all along. Hard to say where it comes from. Like tying shoe laces. You can never remember the day you finally perfected the skill.

I have found the same is true for me as for Momof12
in terms of synoptic reading in the martial arts
and "spooky activation", when actually
moving it to the kinesthetic level in class.

Hi,

I studie karate, I recently took a course to be a teacher, they gave me two big manuals a week before the course I photo read them once, and during the course evry thing came natural like activation, the thing is that one of the manuals was about excercises and during the class we did the excercises and they came natural to me, it may be a similar experience, im glad to say i passed with 84% correct and didnīt studie the usual way.

PR is great.

sorry if my english is bad, tonight i,m going to PR a english spanish diccionary to refresh my memory : ).

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved