Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56807 11/04/06 02:40 AM
OP Offline

Hey everybody, flipstick here. I got online early this morning and gladly stated the absence of any reactions of anger recently while practicing, or shortly thereafter doing SFQ. I must have been "full of myself", because low-and-behold, the lion roared its ugly head again. Amazing, isn't it. When you least expect it, energy flows, uncontrolled, yet interconnected to everything else, the sum being "the automobile and driving in the city". Why one attempts to drive after an hour plus session of Active and S.U, is beyond me. I've notice that when I get up early, in the still weeness of dawn, I'm better prepared, better focused and all the chattering voices and demands of the " the life" haven't taken their toll. I've always studied methodically, some would say with a touch of anal-aptitude, and the earlier the better, works best for me. I need to give the process time and focus and this works for me. Once life kicks its heels, the strains of primitive conquests begin.

I'm a bodyworker and my clients have all been telling me that my intention, intuitiveness and the heat from my hands have been gentle and healing this past month or so. This has been comforting and the exactness of focusing energy to different areas of pain within their bodies has been increasing per their response. Obviously, we are all but conduits to assist them in their own healing processes. We don't heal, but assist them as they heal themselves. I realize just this month that I need to do SFQ. It has become a tremendous source of energized life for me within my scope as a bodyworker. When I practice I feel interconnected with everything else going on in the universe and this makes me happy.

So when life challenges us to look beyond the path of comfort, we must keep on keeping on. Thanks to everyone for their insights to the first question about anger last week.

Ciao!

Hi flipstick,

A good way to release any emotion is to completely remove disapproval of it. For one of my friends, this means observing it in a detached way. That doesn't work for me. I say "welcome" to the emotion. I thank it for being there. For anger, I say, "You are my self-defense energy, and you have my best interests at heart. I appreciate you." Then I focus on feeling appreciation for the anger. When I reach the point when I totally accept the anger, it goes away.

The only time the anger didn't completely go away, I ended up yelling at a co-worker. Then he stop the behavior that was bothering me, and *then* the anger went away.

I wonder if the anger is genuinely yours, or if it's something you are picking up from one or more of your clients? The answer isn't any of my business, but it could be interesting for you.

OP Offline

hey spiral,

Thanks for the great response. The "self-defense energy" concept is something I've never looked at. Embracing it as a positive influence, as in
"having my best interest at heart" is gratifying to the soul and an extension of, as you say, appreciation. This behavior eliminates the middle man so to speak.

Thanks for the thoughts about the clients. It's a concern all the time and balancing energies is an on-going process, as you know. Must run.

flipstick

First I'll share a thought I received from Paul Scheele this summer. He said something like," if you make a claim like you now love everything in the world equally, then you can expect every horrible and disturbing thing in the world to jump in front of you and say, "Do you love me too?"" This fits well with how I believe the Buddhist see the mind operating. It would say the mind would setup these distractions or events to ensure their own existence, which is challenge by you changing beliefs.

Okay, that was getting a bit too far off base, but it is the first think that cam to my mind when I read your post flipstick. You have come a far way, but don't expect the world to stop being what it is.

I like spiral's method for dealing with emotions. I use it a lot myself. However, I don't see emotions are defenders. I see them as messengers. The stronger the emotion the more important the message. I note the emotion and figure out what the message is. Then I decide if the message is suitable, many of them are generated by beliefs that limit me and don't support me. An example would be I notice a small free of public speaking... I'm now a Toastmaster and feel much more empowered. However, sometimes it is a defender, it is saying you must respect yourself enough to not let others direct your life (well for me anyways). Those are times when I choose not to release anger, but to use it. I don't like doing it, but like spiral at times it is most effective.

This week I have been looking at emotions (eg. thoughts filled with power) as a tool, as a road marker. I have a thing called a Motivader (a count-down vibrating timer) and I've been setting it with the intent that when it goes off I will put myself in a happy joy filled state. I'm now choosing to create my state (my emotions). Before I usually just had the idea of hoping they would evolve that way, now I'm choosing to make them that way. I expect that with repetition a pattern and a habit will develop. I'll see the shift being smaller and smaller steps. The intensity of joyfulness become greater and greater, and the times periods spent in periods of joyfulness becoming smaller and smaller.

Just sharing some of my own evolution.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Hi Iam2 (great name!),

Just to clarify, I don't see all emotions as self-defense energy, only anger. Fear means "pay attention to the details."

So when I'm near deep water, fear kicks in. That's good, because if you'e not paying attention near deep water, you might drown. :-)

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved