Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

hey everyone!

I've been wanting to posts this topic for some time now. I've been wondering about just what it takes to become super human? Think about it for a moment! What do you think it takes to become superhuman? Maybe even God? No I dont think im God! Recently, I've been researching many 'unexplained phenomena' like using chi, or meditation or even self hypnosis to overcome mind over matter. It has been very interesting but in reality its still humanly possible to do certain things but with some practice isn't it? Now, with that in mind what do you think it takes to go beyond stabbing yourself with sharp pointy rods to show you have no pain like how I saw on t.v? To trully go beyond what human kind knows right now and accend to something trully remarkable? If any of you have tried 'Genius Code' then im sure you heard what Paul Scheele said about the the subconscious. The great example of putting your feet down on your floor and looking around you to see the rest of the ground you stand on, your feet represent your conscious mind as the rest of the floor represents your subconscious mind.

When I heard this I was trully astonished to know I have such power just waiting to be unlocked. What I want to know is what is the true key to unlocking true power! It's said that the subconscious is what guides or effects our conscious mind. What if we could some how take charge of our subconscious that would inevitably effect our conscious mind, and since our subconscious mind is said to be 1000x than our conscious mind, wouldn't we still unlock an awesome power? A power in which can be measured by science and doesn't require some mystic power of god or energy? The question now is how to go about linking the subconscious mind more to the conscious mind? I would like to throw this idea around a bit so please add to it! Thanks!!

You know, this would have appealed to me when I was 21 years old, but now I am not the least bit interested in this sort of thing.

What I am more interested in now is living well within my limits and accurately knowing what those limits are, so I don't have to waste time or energy on fruitless endeavors.

I do not find superhuman powers appealing anymore. I don't want to read 10 books in one day with full comprehension. I don't think such a thing is possible. I would rather carefully and slowly read material and gain progressive understanding over time.

I've read John Gardner's Grendel several times, and each time I get something new out of it. I don't think it's just because of personal changes and new experiences. I think you get more out of a book with each reading even if there are few changes in you as a person between each period of reading. I like reading fiction slowly and carefully, savoring it like I would a good meal. I find technical material such as books on mathematics to be more difficult, and those require careful, repeated readings. One or two lines may require 10 minutes of careful analysis... I often have to check and double check that I've gotten it right.

I don't think I have to take things slow because I am not using my full potential. It's simply normal. It's simply human. Perhaps there are things I could do that would enhance my understanding, sure, but I am not going to be sold a bill of goods that promises to make me superhuman.

Why be superhuman anyway? Why not learn to be satisfied with what you've got and use it as best you can? There is a lot of value to that, you know. It might even be a more worthwhile and enjoyable experience than being superhuman.

Even if you *could* be superhuman, being superhuman would quickly lose its flair. It would become your new normal, and then you'd have to scurry about to find your new fix, the new superhuman to your superhuman.

I am 37 years old now. I feel that I have experienced enough of my own learning style to know that some things only come with experience. Some things take time, and taking your time produces a qualitative result that is distinctly different from rushing it.

The power of your unconscious mind, believe it or not, is evident in your normal every day life. It has its own limitations. It needs your conscious mind. Your potentials aren't on the edge of tomorrow, they're here and now. They aren't unlimited. You and I both have limits, and that is a good thing.

No limits means no distinctions, no boundaries, and that ultimately means no meaning, no relevance, no importance. Everything blurs into everything else. Or limits define us. Life is important and relevant because of death. Death is important and relevant because of life.

Last edited by babayada; 11/07/06 12:01 PM.
OP Offline

What a classic speech about the limitations and enjoyment of a typical life in which normal people pursue! Did you know Einstein received the same speech? And if human kind was set to limitations as how you perceive it, then why are there so many different variations in people. From Jack the Ripper to Einstein and Mozart, I believe the limitations are what man puts on only himself. I'm 20yrs old and I find it interesting to try to read the mind of God as Einstein tried, trying to find my limitations is what thrills me because it's at that moment in which your attempt and conquer that you really see who you are and how much you have grown. I find it sad for people who choose to be a simpleton and not rise to true glory, that works for them but not myself. I do what I do because it's who I'm inside and the questions I ask about life in general. I seek and conquer any problem, question, occurrence or anything for that matter.

I find it sad that you feel this way but I would never suggest in any way that you were a simpleton!

ps Einstein's attempt to know the mind of God was always doomed to failure as he spent the last years of his life trying to find a grand unified theory that would unite the forces of gravity and electromagnetism into one theory that he hoped would explain everything. It was a futile endeavour though as the strong and weak nuclear forces were unknown at the time he began his quest and would have had to have been factored in to the equations. Poor Uncle Albert!

Regard
Steve

Einstein had his successes and he had his failures. He grew old and died. Even he could not transcend that limitation. One book I have on how to think like Einstein said that in his youth he was successful because he was so rebellious. In his later years, he was sort of hooked and trapped in certain views and couldn't deal with Quantum Mechanics, who was the new kid on the block. He became something of a dinosaur.

The human mind does have limitations, but within those limits are many different possibilities. DNA works with a very limited number of base pairs, but look at the myriad of forms that come from the combinations. You don't need an unlimited number of base pairs. Economy isn't something that needs to be feared.

You are mistaken about how I perceive the human mind. You're projecting your own conceptions there, because as I view the human mind and brain, it makes perfect sense to me that we live in a world that contains such a variety of characters.

Einstein picked his wolf and he spent his years dealing with the particular subject that was his passion. He didn't come up with a new art-form such as cubism or abstract expressionism. He did not write famous, epic poems. He was not a great athlete. You see where I am going here. Limits.

Go ahead and explore. Act as if you don't have limits. The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom.

You can take my advice or leave it. Looking at the limits in your life and thinking about how you can work within them can be a very profitable exercise.

Some limits are unnecessary and they stifle. Some limits can be broken with work. Don't get me wrong here.

I'm just not down with the hyperbole.

I'd be careful about throwing that simpleton label around. It can get you into big trouble and make you look like an ass without you being aware of it. Hubris does that.

OP Offline

First and foremost I must apologize for using the word simpleton. I do not mean to offend anyone in any way. I used it without thinking and for that I do apologize. Personally, I know that I try to reach towards goals in which will never probably happen, I guess I never learned when to just be happy with what I have now.

Quote:

The question now is how to go about linking the subconscious mind more to the conscious mind?

I think we are just at the beginning of understanding the full potential of the human mind. Yes, while we do have objective limits, as babyada has been eloquently reminding us, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that we are far from reaching those limits as a race. True, I may not be able to compose like Mozart, draw like Picaso, write like Twain, hypothesize like Einstein, remember every fact I read or play a song on the piano perfectly upon hearing a song once or accurately guess the number of jellybeans in a huge jar (like some savants do without effort), and on and on. But these abilities appear "super-human" only because the vast majority of humans don't exhibit them. I think the one very legitimate goal (and desire) is to discover the source of such greatness, the "key" to unlocking these type of abilities, so that they become a new standard of normalcy in our society. Yes, when that happens, there may be a new push for desiring EVEN greater abilities, but that can be good for us as a race, since we are consciously steering and thereby accelerating our evolution as a species (hopefully toward a good outcome!).

So, yes, while I agree that we are very far from tapping into our full potential, I also believe it is a goal worth pursuing. With all the wonderful tools at our disposal, let us encourage one another toward that end.

Hi RichardS;

I do think that through consistent practice of meditation you can bridge this gap between the Conscious and Subconscious.

Refining which meditation technic you use and also finding that teacher who may provide necessary guidance for the most benefit are other treasures to go looking for.

This evolutionary path to making ourselves bigger and better in everyway I believe encompass many things. Not the least of it being the use of technology.

What I have found in my experience is that using meditation technics taught to me, while using Binaural Beat Technology can really help develope ones Consciousness on many levels.

The use of things like the Sedona Method and Spring Forest Qigong also add much depth to a person.

As one of my teachers once said, the path is so wide and so vast that no one can have all the answers.

This last year I had an experience in my Meditation that, for a moment,
I went into the Emptiness that Master Lin talks about in Spring Forest Qigong, and all these questions I had ever had in my life seemed to have an answer and I truely had no more questions. I was at Peace.

When you are off on an adventure to find the next evolutionary step please remember that "still waters run deep". Your mind is like a very deep pool, it doesn't move very fast until you have worked with it enough and knows it's ways.

When your attention is taking off in many directions, it is like the wind on the water. You can create waves, but only on the surface. The deep currents are still in control.

I think that we will be a composite of many technologies as we evolve higher and higher. That the ones that do the work will also pull the others along, probably without them being aware of it.

I also believe that many people see the energy changing but are unsure of how they want to be a part of it all, but they will figure it out at some point.

Great post.

Jeff

OP Offline

hey jeffdengr,

Thanks for the reply! I also was thinking about meditation and how it could positively affect the gap between the conscious and subconscious mind. I have used Binaural Beat before with a program called Nuero Programmer from Transparent Corp. and I have noticed a difference but it was only temporary! What Binaural Beat do you recommend to help improve this gap I have? I will also definetly look into Spring forest qigong later as well! Something that I have been thinking about was rejoining martial arts for the meditation part, learning tai-chi or something. I would appreciate any ideas on this! Thanks!!

Hi RichardS;

I can really only tell you my experience with Meditation. First off reading books and taking courses will not open the door for you. For many years (like over 15) I tried everything I could to find what it took to unlock that secret.

Finally at the ripe old age of 38 I found my Teacher who was an Aikido Sensei. He had been a student of the Founder of Aikido and also of a well known Zen Monk. I spent 5 years with him. He had me do Ki Breathing everyday for at least an hour, sometimes up to 4 hours.

He taught me silly little things like "just relax", living calmness, mind and body unified, making one, do nothing. Some days he made Darth Vader look like a rank beginner and others Quan Yin could use him as a Model of Compassion.

Doing meditation with him was very intense in those days. It was some pretty great training. Alot of it was feeling based and really difficult to explain to someone who had not experienced it.

An example is cutting with bokken (good sword), just drop the sword from over your head (while holding it) and then try to stop it at waist level without bouncing the tip. Without calming your mind you will never do it. This opens
up a way to develope calmness that you can use in meditation. Once you get this feeling you can then use Binaurel Beats from Beta to Delta (or Gamma)
practicing calmness and will deepen your experience. You can practice it in everyday life.

A calm mind is your greatest asset.

My Teacher is 90 years old now and unable to do meditation as he once did.
I do miss those times with him. He is still a great friend and teacher to me.

The last two years I have attended the Spring Forest Qigong Retreat because of the deep level and quality of meditation I experienced with Master Lin.

You could pick any subject to learn meditation, Tea Ceremony, Tai Chi, Aikido, Zen, Qigong, Yoga, etc. But it is the qualtiy of the Teacher that makes it all work the right way and that you as a student get the most benefit from.

Hope that helps

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved