Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56876 11/08/06 03:06 PM
pang Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi anyone! I am a chinese,recently i would like to improve my English by photo read the dictionary,my question are that what purpose should i have? and should i photo read the english dictionary or photo read the chinese-english dictionary?

Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoRead the English -Chinese Chinese - English dictionary.
Purpose. I would like to improve my English (why? Perhaps to read or write it better or perhaps to understand it better that part is up to you.)

PhotoRead it daily for a month and see what happens when you have English assignments.

Alex

pang Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you Alex! I would like to ask you one more question,should i activate the dictionary which i have photo read?

Activation comes when you do the rest of the studies. The grammar exercises, the classroom lessons and so on.

Alex

You said photoread the grammar book daily for a month.

Is it daily?

(a) purpose, preview, photoreading?
(b) purpose, preview, photoreading, activation?
(c) purpose, photoreading?

Quote:

PhotoRead the English -Chinese Chinese - English dictionary.
Purpose. I would like to improve my English (why? Perhaps to read or write it better or perhaps to understand it better that part is up to you.)

PhotoRead it daily for a month and see what happens when you have English assignments.

Alex

I'm also interested in what you meant Alex.

It's difficult to keep straight when using "PhotoRead"

Thanks,

Jonathan Cisco

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 03/20/07 03:15 PM.

Just the Prepare and PhotoRead step.

Preview is already done. Once you become a proficient PhotoReader you naturally integrate Prepare and Preview in a fluid motion like picking up a book opening it up and reading. The prepare is part of your decision to read and so is purpose. Prepare and preview you will naturally do the very first time the book comes into your hands (or on the computer) so when you decide to PhotoRead. The prepare (purpose and ideal state) is already done and you just photoread.

Hi Alex i am photoReading a Dictionary English-Hindi-English now i have few Questions if you can help me
1) How to Preview Dictionary as in How can i choose Trigger words for a dictionary
2) what process would be to Activate Dictionary

My purpose is to Read, write and Comprehend English in much better way and to Improve my Vocabulary and Personality which will help in My performing Arts Skills

Please Help in a Little bit More Detail

1)
Prepare and PhotoRead. There is little need to preview a dictionary. You've probably opened it before and know for sure that it is a dictionary.

2) No need as suck. Use the dictionary as you would normally. Looking up information. I'd just guess whether I know the answer before looking.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved