Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello board,
I've been studying PR for one week, carefully reading book and listening to audio book. I tried 6 or 7 times, without any success at all. My latest attempt is a book about Apple's CEO Steve Jobs's biography, which I am really interested in. I believe in Photoreading, I like the book really much, I have clear purpose, but still no success .... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

My Steps:

1. Preview
Read through the chapters rapidly within 2 minutes.

2. Relax through the guidance of audio book
State my purpose: I am really curious and want to know about Steve Job's early childhood and his success, as my reference.
3. Photoread several chapters
4. WAIT ONE HOUR
5. mind probing, trigger words, mind map,i've tried every technique, but it just feels that I never read the book.

The results are similiar with my previous attempts with an Economics Book, a dictionary, a fiction, and etc.

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

moderator Alex, Please DON'T just say that my purpose is incorrect, i've seen so much of your reply is just about wrong purpose, no one doubts that. but I wonder is that just purpose thing? or it really depends on different people's born ability?

When I started I also thought it didn't work at all.
I was very desperate for it to work.Later on I gave up,but I'm back to it again.
I am more relax and open to it ^_^ It does work

I don't really know how to answer your question,so....just wait for Alex ^o^

While waiting for Alex, I have a few questions for you?

Are you breathing and stating the purpose
as you PR the pages. The Reticular Activating System
will be alerted to what the conscious mind must focus
on later in ACTIVATION, while you are breathing
and saying the purpose statement to yourself.

Are you drinking water? This is important, according
to Paul Scheele and Win Wenger, in terms of
keeping the brain at optimum efficiency while
in ALS.

Alex may ask you what do you feel is missing from
your comprehension of the book so far.
Remember you may not achieve 100%
comprehension, but you will achieve close to
it, in much less time, than you would with
conventional reading. In other words, you may be
being too hard on yourself.

Those are my thoughts, but I am also a
relative newbie myself (less than 2 years).

Hope that helps

Raleigh

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

While waiting for Alex, I have a few questions for you?

Are you breathing and stating the purpose
as you PR the pages. The Reticular Activating System
will be alerted to what the conscious mind must focus
on later in ACTIVATION, while you are breathing
and saying the purpose statement to yourself.

YES, I am exactly following what the audio tape said.

Quote:

Are you drinking water? This is important, according
to Paul Scheele and Win Wenger, in terms of
keeping the brain at optimum efficiency while
in ALS.

Yes, I am drinking tons of water before reading.

Quote:

Alex may ask you what do you feel is missing from
your comprehension of the book so far.
Remember you may not achieve 100%
comprehension, but you will achieve close to
it, in much less time, than you would with
conventional reading. In other words, you may be
being too hard on yourself.

Well, frankly, the feeling is not that comprehending not enough. It just feels that I never ever read the book, everything completely new to me.

thanks raleigh, any other suggestions?

Tom,

Can you go into deeper detail about the steps you're taking? It would help us a lot more if we had some extra detail.

You've said you're PhotoReading several books. What steps are you taking for the PhotoReading step?

What are you doing for the Preview step?

What, exactly, are your steps during Activation? How long are you spending on your activation passes? Are you doing a post-view of the material after the PhotoReading step?

Please try and give as much information as possible.

-youngprer
DirtyMechanism.com

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

hello youngprer,
I'll try to describe as detail as possible.

First, I preview the book, and writing down some trigger words for the Steve Job's book, such as:

Steve Woz, Paul Jobs, orphan, Cupertino, Mountainview, Hewlett Packard, introvert and shy, one sister, highly gifted, enthusiasm in electronics, and etc...

Then, I listen to the tape 4a following it's steps of relaxation, in a very quiet room. Following Paul's voice, I can feel myself quite relaxed and able to concentrate(with only few times a little bit distracted). I stated purpose to my inner mind: I really want to know about Steve Job's life and his success, so that I can apply them to my own entrepreneurship.Then the tangerine technique.

Next, Open my eyes, and Use the X focus. Because I've previously practiced very hard to see the blip page but failed, so I can only use X focus. After openning the book, I start chanting 4 ,3,2,1, relax, turn a page, 4,3,2,1,relax, turn a page ....after about 100 pages. I stopped, closed the book and my eyes.

Then, I acknowledge to myself, the content I just read already inputted into my subconcious mind. and I imagine the feeling of acquiring new knowledge. 1,2,3,4,5 Open my eyes.

(After resting for an hour)

Finally, I read through the chapters, scanning through pages, looking at subtitles and trying to find anything that interests me, it takes about 20 minutes. after some rest,I do this again.

But unfortunately, during the whole process, I have no any feeling of familarity. and, during the whole week of photoreading, I never dreamed of anything related to the book I read(including economics textbook, two steve jobs book, japanese history, a dictionary).

THANK You!

TOM

Last edited by TomTOM; 11/15/06 08:06 AM.
Learning Strategies Admin

How did you go with the PhotoReading book and the Natural Brilliance book? There are some self tests in the course along the way. What happened there?

What was your experience with the article?

Feeling of familiarity won't show up before a postview or first activation. Move on through the course.

Why are you using session 4c if you completed the course?

Why are you stopping in PhotoReading part way through the book (100 pages?????)

PhotoRead the whole book not a few chapters and then stopping? It takes 5 minutes to PhotoRead a 350 page book.

The PhotoReading book. First time you PhotoRead it is from front cover to back cover.

How long and how many activation passes did you make? Which technique of activation did you employ.

What does "entrepreneurship" mean? (I know I can look it up on dictionary.com but that's not my point.)

Alex

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

How did you go with the PhotoReading book and the Natural Brilliance book? There are some self tests in the course along the way. What happened there?

Concerning the dictionary game, I have no feeling at all, about either position, words or familarity.

Quote:

Feeling of familiarity won't show up before a postview or first activation. Move on through the course.

Even after the second activation, there is still no familarity for me!

Quote:

Why are you using session 4c if you completed the course?

because 4a has a long relaxation part, I think it would be more effective for me.

Quote:

Why are you stopping in PhotoReading part way through the book (100 pages?????)

because the book is only 110 pages, with the rest being appendix and copyright info.

Quote:

How long and how many activation passes did you make? Which technique of activation did you employ.

Super reading & Dip, Then mind map. for 2 times.

Quote:

What does "entrepreneurship" mean? (I know I can look it up on dictionary.com but that's not my point.)

It means starting one's own company,so my purpose is to apply what I read into managing my own business.

TOM

You sidestepped my question. I don't care about the dictionary GAME it's a GAME.

I wanted to know your experience with the PhotoReading book, Natural Brilliance and Now I want to know what happened when you did the Star of Wonder?

How long were your activations?

Do the 5 day test on page 76 of the PhotoReading book. Like most beginners you're quitting too soon. Look for answers to your mind probing questions and plant whatever you find onto a mind map.

Long relaxation? Unnecessary, you're just planting your own seeds of doubt. It doesn't need that long. It's there for the initial experience that's all.

PhotoRead the whole book. The stuff they put in the back of the book is the reason for the book. It's the background information why the author wrote the book. Sometimes to know what the author wants to teach that's the only part of the book you really need to read.

To help you with your activation. Consider this question.

It means starting one's own company,so my purpose is to apply what I read into managing my own business.

How do you think that particular book can help you toward that goal. What information would you need to pull from that book to know that the author has passed on some.

Your goal is to build conscious comprehension like you get with a book with traditional reading. So don't short change yourself on activation passes. Especially when you're only looking at the book " looking at subtitles and trying to find anything that interests me".

That means your purpose is not working for you. It means you haven't formed any mind probing questions from the trigger words. When you look at those words what is it you want to know?

As I've already said. Look at page 76 of the PhotoReading book. One pattern for activation is in that exercise.

Alex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved