Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I've been doing SFQ for about two months. To call me a novice would be too kind. I've reported to you the anger issues and have appreciated your collective assistance in giving me insights in working through this issue.
I practice on a regular basis, both Active and SU/SC and have had some startling results with various sound sensitivities. I'm an old rocker from way back and have used music as a driving force throughout my life. My musical collection is extensive. I run the gammit from rock through blues, classical through industrial, and so on. Two things have happened since committing to SFQ.

1. I have NOT been able to listen to anything loud, pulsating, or driving. CD's that once moved my soul, literally, are nolonger part of my being. I don't know if its the words; words create images, baggage and history, or if its the vibration. Sounds that once were enchanting are now lying idle. Music that had purpose and meaning in my life now irrate me. Quiet is better, the focus of the moment, has depth, reality, breath. I put on a James Taylor Concert the other day (first time in six weeks) and turned it off. How much more relaxing can sweet baby james be? I felt like I had missed the point, like it was another life or something.

2. What's with all the sounds? I know Level 1 talks about the unknown sounds that may happen, but this is incredible at times. Besides sensitivites, I'm hearing extremely low frequencies, some muted and remote. I feel like I hear sounds before they happen. Sometimes, I'll think I'm hearing a train and it's not there, but 5 minutes later it's there in reality. There are numerous examples like this. The wind and rain have taken on a new dimension and a general awareness of life-sounds are incredibly joyful. Energy work and spiritual work are not new to me, yet with SFQ driving the engine---they are! Wow, I hope I don't sound like a gettie little kid, but most of the time these days...I do!

You loving feedback is graciously appreciated.

flipstick

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

So much for the "Live" version of Steamroller!

; )

There are all sort of things and abilities that can and will show up as one clears bloackages and opens their channels. Actually, Chunyi says that those clearing heavy bloackges in specific areas can open up certian abilities.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Shawn,

I certainly agree with your response Shawn. I feel like some days I'm crawling by centimeters to make progress in areas I'm not familiar with, nor have traveled down before. Slow, steady progress is just fine with me. I'm in no hurry and settling into Level 1 has been revealing these past two months, and extremely satisfying. I'm shifting, probably more like sheading, layers of blockage. I feel lighter, more focused on the present and have been a much better therapist for my clients. The turtle always finishes the journey.

flipstick

Hi Flipstick

I can only take a certain amount of loud driving music compared to the excesses of my youth and I supect that that is a fairly common trend with aging, with or without SFQ.

I found myself thinking that maybe it is in part also related to you clarifying your anger issues. In my mind at least there is a connection. I have certainly used loud music as a way to get in touch with or even exaggerate my anger, often in not very helpful ways - it has left me in an adrenalisd but not very 'real' state. I notice as I do more SFQ I do become more compassionate, more forgiving and less angry (still away to go though!) and perhaps if the trend of SFQ is in that direction, a lot of loud driving music is not consistent with a balanced and calm outlook. Your reaction to James Taylor has me beat though - not exactly a wall of sound from my memories.

Overall, if I were you, I think I'd enjoy it and look forward to expanding my record collection in new and interesting ways while making money on selling off the old stuff on eBay.

Love,

Kev

OP Offline

Kev,

Your thoughts about the exaggerated anger issue makes sense. I prefer the "get in touch with" aspect better, but whatever the intent, music has always been a driving force to reckon with. In times past, when I needed an energy boast, wham...crank it up. Balance is the key now, less is more, and I keep finding some sort-of new awareness daily, as I walk down the SFQ path. It makes the time and effort of committment worth it all.

What can I say about JT? It must have been the moment.

Appreciate your wisdom and imput.

flipstick

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved