Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

hello all,
Struggling with the getting blip page?
try this......
open book in the middle imagine your nose is an dart and place it in the bullseye centre page middle.
look straight ahead it should be black.
slowly pull the book away an inch by inch.
there is ya blip !!!!
there is no way you cant have it unless you are crossing your eyes.

I would like to know more about the blip scientifically how, and why, it works because, my mum is saying why do you need a blip page ? cant you do it without ?(looking down the centre of page) .
I like the blip in photo focus and like doing it upsidedown backwards coz im mad like that!.
Lemme know any feedback,
take care,
ChosenJuan

hi , thank you for your post, but i still can't see the blip page with your method. i am not sure whether i am crossing-eyes. any suggestions?

Hi tomtom,

Something that helped me very much on geting the blip page was the use of stereograms, it also helps to know if your crossing or divergin your eyes, if you see the 3d image like a cave that means you are crossing your eyes, if you see the 3d image right that means you are divergin your eyes and the same thing you need to do to see this images aplies to see the blip page and it's also a lot of fun. I pesonally used to see the images cave like and i didn't know this wasn't wright it took me some pratice and a lot of effort to se them wright but know i can, it's all about practice and patience.

hi, i meant right not wright sorry.

Pablo

TomTOM,

Here's something you can try.

1. Look at a point on the wall which is far away. Keep your focus on that point so that it always appears focused and clear. The point should be direclty in front of you, so that you are facing forward.

2. Lift up your left and right hands so that they begin far away from the center of your body at the level of your eyes, out of your field of vision. Point your left and right index fingers at each other. (You are still looking at the central, far-away point, when you do this, and you should notice your left and right fingers at the edges of your vision.)

3. Slowly bring your right and left hands together (index fingers pointing toward each other), but keep your focus on the central point on the far wall. Don't look at your fingers as you bring them together. Just be aware of them. (Your fingers should be blurry, out of focus.)

4. Keep bringing your fingers together slowly until they touch. (But again - keep looking at the far wall, not your fingers directly.) When your fingers touch, just NOTICE them (not look at them directly). In the middle, you will notice a "third" finger which is the combined image of both your fingers interlapping.

This is the kind of "photo-vision" which LSC teaches in PR. Instead of your fingers there, insert a book, and you will see the "blip page" (which is equivalent to your "third finger".)

hi hatree, the problem is that I CAN SEE THE COCKTAIL winnie, (althought not stable), but just never see the blip page(at least i am not aware of seeing). what's wrong ???

Quote:

I would like to know more about the blip scientifically how, and why, it works because, my mum is saying why do you need a blip page ?

Because humans have two eyes, we are capable of perceiving the same object from slightly different angles. This enables us to have "3D vision", since we can perceive depth, as well as width and height. So, every time you look at something with both your eyes, you are actually seeing it two different ways, one slightly from the right side, the other slightly from the left. In normal focus, the two images are superimposed directly over each other, and the object looks whole and in 3D.

But when you relax your eyes and see the blip page (or third finger, etc), you are perceiving the un-combined images of what each of your eyes independently.

Try this: when you see the blip page, close one of your eyes. You will see what the open eye perceives. Then close that eye and open the other eye. You will see a "shift" of the image, because the other eye is looking from a different angle. The open both eyes. The two images maintain their separateness, and the over-lap results in the blip page.

The purpose of this "photo-focus" in PR is to encourage you not to put conscious effort in reading the page. But to me, it is not required. It's fun if you can do it, but it detracts from the higher purpose of reading. The information on the page is being registered by your other-than-conscious whether you look at the page with photo-focus or with regular focus.

Hi TomTOM,

Ok - if you can see the cocktail winnie - you're nearly there!

To become more comfortable with the photo-focus, do the finger trick until you can see the cocktail winnie very easily and effortlessly. Do this as long as it takes.

Then, when you feel you're ready, slip a book in the same position where your fingers use to be. Where there had been a cocktail winnie (by your fingers), you will now see the blip-page (by the book).

Hang in there ... you've almost got it!

HF

TomTOM -

Remember, don't actually focus on the page. Keep your focus BEHIND the page (e.g. on a point on the far wall.) Simply NOTICE the page, and you will perceive the bilp (just as you did the cocktail winnie.)

HF

TomTOM,

I understand your frustration. I've never been able to see stereograms. Still can't. It drives me to distraction. When the course materials arrived, I spent close to an hour trying to see the image. I handed it to my husband who never has a problem with such things. He promptly told me what was there.

Funny the blip page was so easy for me. Looking over and beyond the page worked right away. Wish I could offer some advice. My issue is activation. I'm still trying to retrieve the material. It's like a pair of key: I know its here, I've just got to find it.

All the best,

Orelindel

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved