Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57165 11/25/06 09:20 PM
OP Offline

Does anyone have any good dowsing stories or recommend books, teachers on anything with dowsing rods, pendulums, etc?

Thanks

Jeff

jeffdengr #57166 11/26/06 03:45 AM

Dowsing talent runs in my family, back beyond my birth. My grandmother "witched" a well for drinking water on their farm, which served the family of nine kids plus a couple dozen next generation grandkids - and it's probably still working today, although when I was in my teens, it was starting to get a bit sulphurish. My grandfather used a willow bow to find oil on their property - a well that pumped for about 25 years. That's how I knew that it was possible to do this.

When living in Northern Ontario, about 10 miles outside of Sudbury, we had purchased a new home, with a drilled well. A year after moving in, we had to install a filtration device to filter out the sand, and eventually, it couldn't keep up with the sand. We hired someone to come and dig another well - they started to go down and hit bedrock in several points.

Thinking of the idea of "witching" out a well, since my grandmother had such success, but lacking the willow branches, I decided to go "high tech" and used two coat-hangers, which I straightened, except for a handle for each, and dipped the ends in some water. Then I systematically started moving across our front yard. About 10 feet from where the well contractor was attempting to dig, the wands went crazy, moving back and forth across one another. Since he appeared to only be guessing at where to go down next (with each drilling making a bigger mess of my lawn ), I insisted he poke down where the wands indicated.

The next day we had our well, with lots of really nice water - just a touch of sulphur to sweeten it. In the next week, 5 of our neighbours, who had also been experiencing water woes, also had new wells. I tramped the entire neighbourhood and mapped the underground water source.

About 11 years ago, while living in Windsor for a while, I had problems sleeping in a certain room and felt this might have something to do with water running under the property. I used the same technique as above to find out (and later had confirmed from old maps) that the house was built over an underground stream. By placing magnets on the underside of the bed, I was able to counteract the bad energy flow, and finally got a good nights rest. Unforunately, because my mother occasionally sleeps in that bed, and she having a pace-maker, I had to remove the magnets - so now when I visit, I end up with a back-ache again.

I've also used a pendulum with a map to find my son's stolen car in Toronto. He called from Windsor to say it had been stolen while parked in the home driveway - the keys were in it because he had just unloaded some purchases and had intended to move it immediately, so had left it running, with an "acquaintance" sitting in the front seat. The kid took off with the car, and later called to say he needed it to get to Toronto to see his girlfriend. Because he knew who had stolen it, my son had a general idea of where it might be, although no specific address. I plumbed the map with my pendulum and got an initial "hit", so re-drew the area in a more close-up fashion a couple of times, with subsequent smaller areas enlarged (this was before internet and google-maps - 1986 ), and when I was reasonably sure, grabbed a friend and drove clear across Toronto to the area. We found the car in less than half an hour, found a police officer to assist us, and the kid who "borrowed" it surrendered the keys when he saw that we had found the car. The constable had a bit of a time wrapping his head around just how I had managed to find the car.

I use a pendulum to help determine hypnotizability of some of my clients. I find those who have a strong affinity for allowing the plumb to operate without pushing the results are the best subjects for somnambulism, and getting quick results from hypnotic suggestion.

Cheers!
Unis

Unis #57167 11/26/06 07:31 AM
OP Offline

Hi Unis;

I also have had good luck using dowsing with high tech pieces of copper wire similiar to your coat hanger method to locate underground power and water lines. Although I have never pursued it much beyond that, it did work very well for me when used.

I have a friend who's sister is very in tune using dowsing and very successful doing it. She claims that it is all beyond her and she just isn't able to do it. Myself I think it's matter of learning some basic rules and going from there.

So I pulled out my pedulum, that seems to travel with me, but rarely used. Her problem, she claims is that she cannot focus like her sister can so I had her write down a yes/no type question and hold the tip of the pen on the question.

Of course we did a calibration of the pendulum to see what a yes /no/whatever looked like first.

So she was able to get an answer to her question which she was just amazed about. She was really doing it. A kid in a candy store.

So I thought I might see if there were some simple references I could find for her to study.

Plus I always find it an interesting subject.

Thanks again for your stories.

Jeff

jeffdengr #57168 11/29/06 04:54 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Jeff,

I'm looking forward to Marie's two-day dousing class following the Hexagram class this spring for the Diamond edition owners.

Much Love,

Shawn

jeffdengr #57169 12/03/06 04:58 AM

I bought a kit from a new age store years ago, called "The pendulum kit" which includes a book, a pendulum, and some charts. It was a good start. I dont think I have it anymore, so I can't tell you the publisher----but I still cary and use a pendulum.

vitaman

vita-man #57170 12/04/06 08:19 PM
OP Offline

Thank you all. I sometimes forget about my little pendulum that always seems to give me good accurate advice when I need it the most.

Some of the things that have worked for me; was to go try out many pendulums of different stones and metals and found that some work better than others. I took my whole family on an outing to try this and they all received different pedulums, of different makes that worked the best for them.

So I surmissed that this had to do with ones energy make up.

After watching a show on Treasure Hunters and Dowsing I tried the Map and Pendelum Method to try locating the biggest treasure in my area. It took me to a area where I then drove along using dowsing rods and located the spot. It was a wild signal but located on private property. So I left it alone, maybe someday couriosity will get me to go knock on the door.

Probably should tried the next biggest treasure:)

Jeff

jeffdengr #57171 12/21/06 09:14 PM

Here is a great article on Dowsing. It's called:

Letter To Robin A Mini-Course in Pendulum Dowsing.

You can download it in a PDF format if you like. There is also now a learning guide on the site as well...

www.lettertorobin.org

Another good link on Dowsing is:

www.dowsers.info

Hope these help...

Lu

Lu481 #57172 12/25/06 03:28 AM
OP Offline

Thanks Lu;

I downloaded the pdf file. Will look it over again after the first of the year.

Also found a book by Richard Webster tittled "Dowsing for Beginners" and just finished reading it. The book gives many good sources and technics of well known Dowsers, how to use the Pendulum,etc. A fairly simple read with alot of good info.

Jeff

jeffdengr #57173 12/27/06 12:20 AM

Thanks Jeff,

I'll have to check out that book..

Lu

Happy Holidays...

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved