I have meditating on my chakras for nearly two years. My coach says the meditation technique I use is perfect, there is no reason to alter things. But I cannot resist the urge to alter it the technique in small ways. Perhaps that is because I am very mental. Perhaps that is because I am very curious. Perhaps I just like to tinker.

After the relaxation phase, I start by focusing on my chi chakra (naval chakra). Over time and with experimentation and practice, I have become aware of two different ways to focus on my lower chakra.

The first way is to just pull all of my awareness inside the chakra. It feels like my awareness only exists from this chakra and of this chakra. If at any time, I am aware of anything outside of my lower chakra (my meditation music, the air temperature, my left foot being asleep...), I remind myself to re-focus only on the lower chakra. I did not start this practice, in this way, until sometime during my second year of meditation and it took several months to be somewhat successful.

The second way that I have just started experimenting with is to focus on my lower chakra with my mind chakra. I had an amazing meditation while practicing this technique. My consciousness shifted so hard, it was hard to keep my focus. I felt like the engines of the space shuttle just ignited.

I could actually sense an electric thread of energy leaving my body from my mind chakra and then re-entering my body at my lower chakra. I had to keep my focus on the lower chakra, rather than being distracted by shifting or my mind chakra to keep things going. It felt like looking through a telescope surrounded by a kaleidoscope; a tricky thing to do; hard to keep my concentration. I observed I was collecting more prana from the enviroment than usual.

When I got to my heart chakra, things got even more intense. It actually made me smile. I felt energy radiate from everywhere in my body. I felt healthier. I felt ALIVE.

I can only imagine how much better when I can feed energy back to my mind chakra from my lower chakra. And if I can reach a level where all three main chakra (chi, heart and mind) are all involved...

Last edited by TheCoyote; 11/30/06 06:47 PM.