Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Beginning photoreader here, this is actually my first post (finishing the CD course now).

A bit of confusion I've had deals with the examples in the photoreading book (as well as in the forums) regarding instructions on photoreading. What I mean is, in the book "Photoreading", p. 39, it speaks about a computer programmer that quickly discovered bugs while "photoreading" codebooks - now, does this mean that he was only doing the step of photoreading? or was he following the whole mind system, photoreading only being on of the steps. There are several examples like this in the book.

Another example, in a previous post entitled "Mastering Photoreading System", Pete Bissonette talked about how he recommended beginning photoreaders photoread 10 books a day - is he referring to the step of photoreading or doing the entire system on 10 books a day?

I'm a bit confused by this - it's hard for me to imagine so much benefit from solely photoreading a book and not doing any of the other steps.

Thanks for your help! I'm very happy to have found this program.

please one help i want to know too

In my opinion, when in any example talks about PR something it doesn't mean just that step but the whole thing, i mean to photo read something in not just to enter in photofocus but to apply every step.

To refer to photoreading something i think it isn't necesary to say whole mind system it already comes implied.

thats just my opinion correct me if i'm wrong.

Johnathan,

I can attest that that what happened on page 39, where the computer programer relaxed, read the manual, and fixed the problem
does work.

This has happened so many times for me, I can not explain.
For example, I keep a book at my office called the SEDONA METHOD.
I was struggling with deadlines at work and I had photoread the book
per recommendation of a friend, but had yet to superread and dip.
Out of desperation, I went into ALS (Accelerarted Learning State) and just felt the urge to turn to a page. I looked right at a paragraph, on the page I turned to that said , in summary ---, relax and take your time
and the job will get done. It was what I needed.

This is just the most recent example of how that works for me. I DID
NOT DO THE WHOLE MIND SYSTEM. When I do the WHOLE MIND SYSTEM on a book, I usually kind of know where to turn to in the book for an answer and do not need to attempt any spooky activations. You will have a very solid grasp of the book, when you use the WHOLE MIND SYSTEM, but you can also do spooky activation, like the programmer on page 39, when you only do an initial PR. The problem with doing only an initial PR, I find, is that I must totally relax, use the tangerine technique diligently, and have a clear purpose on what I want to find.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Once you learn the system you'll always apply all the steps. Just like you always release the handbrake before you start driving. It's just no longer conscious. You just do it.

When you get to the point like that computer programmer did. You know your purpose upfront and are PhotoReading with that purpose in mind. Then you have also learned to trust those intuitive gut thoughts and feelings you have that you should look at this or that.

What seems to take so long to learn and do right now becomes a habit that takes 20 seconds or sp to apply once you have allowed yourself to experience it often enough.

Just watch a child tying their shoelaces. Something that takes 3 to five minutes for them takes 30 seconds as an adult. Yet remember you were that child with that experience once. You do get there to the seeming ease that the experience PhotoReaders seem to demonstrate in using the system.

Pete is recommending the first 3 steps, prepare, preview, PhotoRead. The rest of the system you can use on one or two of those books each week. Your call.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved