Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi People,
Ive been photoreading for about a month.

Some Info sinks in but I want ´wow´ factor derren brown like comprehension and recall.
The thought of the ability to PRead has opened my mind to New Ideas and capable possiblities.
So far its small But I´m not giving this up without a fight for this gift of photoreading.
What I want to do is fantastic so this leads me to the question.

How do you photoread dictionaries and big books ?.
I want to PRead an English-Spanish Dictionary and come away at least 20% fluent then 50% etc.
I would be a ´wow´ factor dream to do it in 1 hit but after the sales hype is over reality kicks in even with the most amped of NLP confidence behind you.
I want to photoread the English Dictionary and Other Big Text Books as well.
I guess it´s like learning to drive it takes time and is different for different people.
But what Is the average time before the gift ¨clicks´ or am I being brainwashed that this works with good NLP techniques.
I know that PRWMS Uses a hybrid combo of techniques I use and know works like mind mapping but I want that ´OH WOW´ of Photoreading I dream about.
Thanx
CHOSENJUAN
---------X-------------

Learning Strategies Admin

Is your purpose to become a performer like Derren Brown just to impress people or am I getting the wrong message about what you want when you say the "WOW" factor.

PhotoReading is a whole mind system that. You PhotoRead books at 25,000 words per minute and allows you to get your reading done 3 to 10 times faster.

I'm sorry I don't see your dream. Perhaps you could explain it better?

Alex

OP Offline

Sorry about my vagueness.
Basically I was saying I would like to be as good a photoreader as derren brown because I relish the thought of the possiblities open to me.
One of those would be PhotoReading dictionaries and big technical books that would usually be too big to think of learning.
Also I would love that to apply to language dictionaries too for example English-Portuguese.
My Question would be ´how would you approach such a task ? ´as dictionaries are not written in the same format and big books take longer much longer.

I attempt to plough through the super-reading process but it still tough.
I set 15 minutes on the timer of a normal sized book and every time the bell goes i press reset and continue usually 4 times!!.
So the reality is harder than the outline amount of time set.
Hope this has narrowed down what I was trying to say previously.
ChosenJuan
-----------------------------------:)

Two comments here...

1. Set a clear purpose
2. Let go of your attachment to being a great photoreader right away

I heard about photo reading about 3 months ago. I got the book, read it in about an hour by using the book's tips (3 times faster than normal) and was so excited! The possibilities seemed endless!

I realized that I could test out of most of my college classes if I could photoread that fast. I bought the deluxe home study course and started through it. I didn't study it well enough though and stopped somewhere in the middle without finishing the course.

Last weekend, I picked up the course again. Why not? I thought. I had already paid for it and even if I only learned to read twice as fast as I currently do, it would be worth it. I had forgotten my big dreams.

I borrowed a few books that looked interested from the library and used the CDs to guide me through setting a purpose, getting relaxed, previewing, photoreading, postviewing and finally activating the material. And this time it worked!

Once I let go of needing to be super great at photoreading and once I learned to set a good, clear purpose, everything fell together.

In fact, last night I photoread a 600 page English literature reference encyclopedia with the purpose of being able to pick out the stories that I was familiar with just by opening the book. Then I was able to close the book, tell myself to find a story that I had previously read, open the book and within inches of where my eye fell, I recognized Metamorphoses, a play I read and did an essay on in high school.

I haven't tested this yet with bilingual books, but I will.

Good luck with your photoreading!
Rebecca

OP Offline

Thanx Rebecca,
I will keep the faith because my reading and comprehension has improved incredibly.
sometimes I do read normally but I am more comfortable with it.
I know and recognise where I am and dont get stuck rereading.
MindMaps are Key as well.

But I will return to my question on dictionaries and BIG books.

Dictionaries are written A-Z rather than just extracting what I would need for a present context.I rather have the purpose to soak up the lot.
You never know where or when you need to use a word for specific utilisation.

BIG BOOKS will take more time than the PRWMS book states.I set the timer and dingalingaling it goes without a single dip.I will still find myself in say chapter 3.
I will reset timer and continue but it can be a churn after setting it the 4th or 5th time.

Back at it but needing some more,

ChosenJuan
------------------------------------------------:)

OP Offline

OP Offline

Its Funny how the amount of views this post has compared to others.
Basically its dwarfs the rest by a considerable amount yet there is hardly a response.
I'm not being rude I was just hoping that more would be said on this forum.
Ive paid for the product so lets all make the most of things.
ChosenJuan
--------------------------------

Sorry but if you ever wonder why I'm not around just check my schedule on my website. I had a PhotoReading class scheduled last weekend.

Derren Brown is Derren Brown. His experiences are shaped by his life, his needs, his purpose.

You are you, your life is shaped by your life, your experience and your purpose. Derren Brown is a showman with interesting NLP skills. In an interview he hinted that he can plant a seed in a persons mind that gets them to do what he wants and let them think it was their idea. Sorry I do not have that article it was in a newspaper a few years ago and I'm not able to source it again.

Never-the -ess I consider myself an excellent PhotoReader getting through books in 10 to 90 minutes depending on my purpose. I would not do what Derren does. It does not and cannot serve my purpose as a PhotoReading instructor.I don't want to be a performer like Derren Brown. His skill entertains but doesn't give the impression that people can use the PhotoReading skill that is of more use than entertaining others.

If you're willing to look at the skill as something that can be useful (something Derren didn't demonstrate that. Being able to parrot back information is less impressive and fundamentally useless for the majority. That's why people are generally entertained by his skill. Had he explained some ideas gleaned from the book and how they could be applied to business or career, that would demonstrate usefulness. However it does take a few minutes longer for our minds to articulate that so it couldn't be demonstrated in a short segment like that.

So if you're looking for a useful skill you might want to but the idea of "performing like Derren Brown" on the back burner and learn PhotoReading as it's taught to help you get your reading and book learning done faster.

Naturally the more pages a book has the longer it takes to PhotoRead. By turning the page every 2 seconds you are PhotoReading at 25,000 wpm.

If by "big books" You mean textbooks. The question has been answered on the forum many times.

Treat each chapter as a book in itself.
Build comprehension with multiple activation passes. If the timet goes off review mind map take a break. Decide if you still want more and what more do you want?
Do another activation pass.

Textbooks take between 25 to 75 hours (or more) to read and work through traditionally. Using the PhotoReading system a PhotoReader will get through the book in 1/3rd to 1/5th the time so you're still looking at 5 to 8 hours worth of activation passes for a 25 hour book.

Dictionaries. If it is just to build the vocabulary. Just PhotoRead it once a day for a month. No one actually ever reads a dictionary from cover to cover so activation is just letting the knowledge show up as you need it. You could play the dictionary game as a way of activating.

Alex

OP Offline

THanx Alex 4 taking timeout to answer my question.

"you could play the dictionary game as a way of activating."

Whats that?

ChosenJuan
--------------------------------------------------:)

First thing you experiment with in the home study course.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved