Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57611 12/20/06 10:06 PM
OP Offline

I just started SFQ practice and read about the Yin Yang Water - but I am
diabetic and strictly forbidden to consume Honey - does Master Lin suggest
any "substitutes" ? or should I avoid Yin Yang water altogether ?

I believe that Master Lin said something like, "If you're a honey person you can add honey". I take it to mean that the honey is for flavor only and you don't really need it. Just boil half a glass of water and add cold water. Also I guess it's better to boil the water on a stove rather than use a microwave.

Skipper #57613 12/21/06 03:56 AM
OP Offline

Actually Master Lin says in the manual that Honey is considered great medicine (in china) so I took it to be the essence of the Yin Yang water, which is why I asked.

Yes, Yin Yang Water is just the water mixture. Drink it that way and get all the balancing benefits.

I've done the yin yang water with the black sesame tea many times in the past.

Just this week I added a little lemon and cayenne pepper. Not sure how often I'll do that one. It's supposed to be good for me, so I'll have to work up to it. The lemon is to help with detox, and the cayenne to rev-up the metabolism. This is not SFQ, just my blending of two sources of information.

As for adding honey. I have done that the most. I especially like to do it at the start of a fast. I helps me to clear the digestive track, which is good during a fast.

Way more information that you were looking for, but that happens. Once the energy starts flowing..... look out.

P.S. in level III you learn how to add energy to the water (or anything). For now you can just look at the water and think "you are love"; see it glowing with love energy (or whatever energy you want to join with you). (If you want more, search the internet for Message in the Water or Miracle Water... or something like that. It shows how simple it really can be. Where the mind goes, qi will follow.)

You are perfection.
Iam2

Iam2 #57615 01/05/07 04:59 PM

I wouldn't avoid drinking the yin/yang water. Master Lin recommends that we drink it every day. As stated above, you don't have to add honey to the water; it is primarily for taste. The main benefit in yin/yang water is that it helps to balance your energy. This balancing is seen in the mixing of the hot water (yang) with the room temperature water (yin).

Master Lin said we can also make tea with the yin yang water. I like tea, so I usually add a bag of green tea. I also usually add about a quarter teaspoon of sea salt per quart of water.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that Master Lin recommends adding room temperature water to the hot water, rather than actual cold water that one would get from the refrigerator. I have a water heater that keeps water at boiling temperature, and next to it I keep a container of room temperature water.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved