Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#57720 12/27/06 01:24 PM
OP Offline

Will listening to the paraliminals on my mp3 player have the same effect as listening to the cd?

Not unless you copy the CD over at a very high bitrate, or better still, preserving the wav format (the draw-back with that being that the files are huge). The paraliminals are in "wav" format, which accomodates the Holosync that has been added to them. When converting to MP3, if the bitrate is too low, you will be destroying the binaural beats that have been inserted on the CD's to assist you into certain states. While Paul's inductions are very good, you will achieve (generally) a more specific state/level of theta or alpha with the aid of the Holosync.

This has been discussed previously (several months ago, before the new forum format was created), and I have not been able to find the previous posts using the search function, which seems not to be working presently. Maybe someone else with more technical skill could explain this better.

Cheers!
Unis

OP Offline

So if I use a program that allows me to take the Paraliminals from my cd's and onto my computer as a wav file I should get the same effect?

OP Offline

I'm also curious as to which versions of the holosync is used on the paraliminals i think they have 3 different ones that I saw on their site

Hi Tonez323:

Quote:

So if I use a program that allows me to take the Paraliminals from my cd's and onto my computer as a wav file I should get the same effect?

Yes. Nero or Audacity (which is free) would do the trick.

Quote:

I'm also curious as to which versions of the holosync is used on the paraliminals i think they have 3 different ones that I saw on their site

I think you might be confusing "versions" with different CD's that are received in the "initial" offer at Centerpointe, which is Awakening Prologue plus give-aways of two or three other CD's. Holosync IS basically binaural beat technology, and there is a wide range of how these are used (too technical to go into here). Suffice it to say, that the level of Holosync used on the LSC CD's is tempered specifically for these CD's - and is NOT the same as is used in the progressive levels of the Holosync program, as offered by Centerpointe.

Cheers!
Unis

OP Offline

do you know if the atrac3 compression technology will keep binaural beats in tact if I would add them to my digital media player?

Or can you give me some links to resources about binaural technology and digital formats?

Lossy compression such as MP3 work by removing certain high and low frequencies and other aspects and artifacts of sound. The lower the bitrate, the more that is removed. Smaller files, lower quality. The binaural beats in Holosync are carried by low frequency sound which will be lost in compression...

Higher bitrates remove less- larger files but higher quality.

I do not know about the atrac3. News to me. There are lossless codecs such as APE but so far they require too much processor power to run on portables and even older desktops. Maybe some day.

If you rip to MP3 at 320 constant bitrate, true stereo, it should be fine.

All of these are Freeware:
Exact Audio Copy is a very good ripper, you will need Blade or Lame-Very good- highly recomended for audiophiles! My favorite.

Another is called FreeRip- very easy to use. I have used it for music but have not tried it with binaural beats, it should work.

Nero is just ok for ripping. Avoid Windows Media Player for this task, it is a good player but a horrible ripper. Havent got much experience with Audacity...

Hope this helps.

vitaman

I listen to my 5 Paraliminals on an MP3 player (Archos Jukebox Recorder 20) converted using Dell's Musicmatch Jukebox, and listen using a pair of Sony "Noise Cancelling" earphones and find a quality experience.

I have experienced positive results without worrying that I have lost any frequencies in the conversion.

I believe that a higher level set of earphones makes a difference, however.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The Holosync soundtrack on the Paraliminals are uniquely created for the Paraliminals and have nothing to do with the Holosync levels.

They contain alpha to theta entrainment that helps deepen the listening experience. a 256 bitrate at VBA is reported to work fine. You can compress more and must expect that the entrainment track will be affected to some degree because most compression systems consider the hum of the entrainment unwanted noise.

Now even if you managed to remove the entrainment entirely the Paraliminals will still work brilliantly. They did before they had the soundtrack added. The entrainment just makes it easier to let go.

Alex

Hi

Consider do a little research into FLAK you will not lose any information in using this file format and the file size are smaller then MP3.

J

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved