Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Hi Jay186

Just wondering- are there players (especialy portables) that can play FLAK? I looked into it and also APE sometime ago, and it looks like a great way to archive or share, but at that time did not see any players that could reliably play them.

I would be quite interested in portables that could handle lossless formats!

vitaman

Hi

Check out winamp.com and windows media player 11, Plays FLAK yet you have to go into the in the file extensions in the plug ins. for the windows player.11.

J

Hi tonez323

I use an iPod with iTunes (PC) and have converted all my Paraliminals to MP3 through iTunes. The Holosync frequencies etc are all totally intact and they sound great.

You can set up iTunes to automatically convert to MP3.
As mentioned in previous posts, the highest bitrate (320) will maintain the
full quality.

If you use or plan to use iTunes the way to set it up to convert to MP3 is
as follows:

iTunes > Preferences > Import using MP3 Encoder
Setting > Custom > Stereo Bitrate: 320 kbps
Quality: Highest, Sample Rate: Auto
Channels: Stereo, Stereo Mode: Joint Stereo
Put a check in 'Smart Encoding' and uncheck 'Filter Frequencies
Below 10Hz' > Click OK and all is done

Now what I do is insert the Paraliminal CD and when you can see the tracks in the iTunes window select them and go up to > Advanced and down
to > Convert selection to MP3. It will take a minute or two for the tracks to convert and then it will save the new mp3s automatically to a folder on your comp.

Once this is finished I also use a music file joiner to combined each of the 4 files from both sections (A or B) into one complete file so as not to add confusion once they are on my iPod. They are all saved alphabetically as complete mp3s. I have also done the same with Sonic Access.

The program that I use to join the individual mp3 files is called 'MP3 Splitter Joiner'. Its simple to use and works a treat.

Whatever way you use to convert your files I hope that It works good for you.

Simon

HI SiMarsh
I dont have a Pod- but those I know who do like the conversion quality.

A note to those who might be interested in saving a step- FreeRip has a function where you can select multiple tracks and rip them as one single MP3 file. Handy for paraliminals.

vitaman

HI Jaye
Thanks for the info. I am realy curious about *portables* that could handle these formats though...Nice to see more desktop apps that can handle lossless compression formats.

vitaman

Does this mean that it is better to get iTunes to convert to mp3 before downloading to the iPod rather than use the normal synchronisation that you get between i Tunes anf the iPod?

Learning Strategies Admin

Yes' iTunes loses less than standard MP3 compression. I suggest you listen to the CD then listen to your iPod recording. If it is just as good and easy to relax to then you're done. If it not as good delete and try less compression. The file size is still close to 100 meg for the reported best quality and results.

Alex

I just imported the entire paraliminal library into iTunes at 192 VBR AAC and I can hear the entrainment just fine. I'll probably do the same thing with Sonic Access today and see how that sounds. I suspect I'll have the same results.

Brendon

Sonic Access uses different entrainment frequencies so it will be interesting to know how you go.

Alex

The Sonic Access audio sounds fine at that bitrate!

Brendon

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved