Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57821 01/03/07 04:22 PM
OP Offline

Hello. What are some quidelines that I can follow to set an effective purpose? At times I have problems with narrowing down to a particular thing that I want.

For ex. at the moment I am reading some material on online marketing because I would like to use it for my business but because the material covers info from how to write an effective ad to attract prospects to how to target a large amount of traffic to your site it seems as though my purpose would be to get a detailed overview of all the material opposed to limiting myself to a purpose relating to how to generate a good deal of exposure for say giving that that is not the only thing the peice talks about.

This would be a huge help if anyone can give me some good guidelines. I've been told to be specific but I don't want to be too specific to the point where I miss the other info that could be relevant to me also.

Thank you.

Dorian

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

There is no such thing as one effective purpose. Consider what you want to use the information to achieve and imagine yourself using that information. That's your purpose. Your activation will then be pulling out the ideas you can use right now to fulfill your purpose.

Remember too that your purpose can change with the knowledge you gain. The first activation you may had one purpose and notice there is information in the book that would satisfy a different purpose. So change it. You're not stuck with your purpose just because you started activation. It's like going to the bank to find out how much money is on your account and then discovering there are ways that you may be able to increase the amount in your account by taking a loan. You now have a new purpose to find out if that is an option for you. It becomes worth investigating.

If you're not getting anything out of your activation check your purpose. Review the book. Sometimes the material isn't what you need.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved