Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57842 01/04/07 06:47 AM
RAYMOND Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, i am new to these paraliminals and have a question or two. I follow the instructions in the C.D. case and begin to listen to the C.D. , but i find that my mind will often wander off. Suddenly i will be thinking of some thing else like " i wonder if the light really goes off in the fridge when i close the door ?"
Does anyone else have this problem? Does it effect the results? And is there some thing i can do to prevent my mind from wandering off ( besides checking out the fridge). I am listening to the self esteem supercharger if that matters at all. Maybe there is a need for a new paraliminal called " supper focus generator"

Thanks for any input.

RAYMOND #57843 01/04/07 03:33 PM

Hi Raymond, and welcome!

It is very OK for your mind to wander off - and even though you may not consciously have any idea of the connection between what your mind is wandering into, at a subconscious level, it may all be very practical, (noticing that you spelled "super" as "supper", which ties in with food and your fridge ).

As your mind wanders, the messages that are going into your ears (from two different voices) has a clear shot at hitting its target, because your conscious mind isn't in there questioning anything that is being input to your mind.

So you really are in a position to get a lot of benefit from these paraliminals - just be patient for a while.

Also, if you are looking for a clearer focus, perhaps you can use the "Personal Genius" paraliminal, if you have it. Or "Prosperity" - a good one for using whenever you want more of anything.

Cheers!
Unis

RAYMOND #57844 01/04/07 07:54 PM
RAYMOND Offline OP
OP Offline

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Ray.

RAYMOND #57845 01/04/07 08:24 PM

Hi Unis-
It tis a good thing they have Ideal Weight- Supper Focus is already a natural ability for me <grin>

vita-man #57846 01/05/07 03:42 PM

Quote:

Hi Unis-
It tis a good thing they have Ideal Weight- Supper Focus is already a natural ability for me <grin>

Yeah, me too!!! (I'm going to see if I can actually lose some weight using it, though - last time I tried, I put on 10 pounds in a month, and I've added at least another 10 since then).

Cheers!
Unis

Unis #57847 01/06/07 03:48 PM

If you are talking about the ideal weight paralim.... I'm interested in how it works or has worked for anyone. I've been thinking about getting that one!
Don't want this much poundage!

scooter #57848 01/07/07 11:52 PM

Unis,

Are you saying you gained 10lbs. using Ideal Weight? Please advise.

Thanks much,

QBaby #57849 01/08/07 01:59 AM

Quote:

Unis,

Are you saying you gained 10lbs. using Ideal Weight? Please advise.

Thanks much,

Sadly, yes.

I think there are some "issues" I need to clear out somehow BEFORE this particular CD (or some of the others I have also tried from other sources) will work for me.

Then I got depressed because it wasn't working, so I ate more... I'm an "emotional eater" - food is a comfort mechanism. I've fairly aware of the "issues" - just haven't found the person brave enough to do the hypnosis session with me to get to the bottom of it, and get it cleared from my subconscious mind, that's all. I've attempted tackling it with the help of other of the Paraliminals as well (as Alex had suggested to me), but just couldn't listen to that much stuff in a day (when also doing holosync each day).

For someone just needing to take off 20 pounds or less, probably would work fine, and quickly too.

Unis

RAYMOND #57850 01/09/07 06:46 PM

Quote:

Hi, i am new to these paraliminals and have a question or two. I follow the instructions in the C.D. case and begin to listen to the C.D. , but i find that my mind will often wander off. Suddenly i will be thinking of some thing else like " i wonder if the light really goes off in the fridge when i close the door ?"
Does anyone else have this problem? Does it effect the results? And is there some thing i can do to prevent my mind from wandering off ( besides checking out the fridge). I am listening to the self esteem supercharger if that matters at all. Maybe there is a need for a new paraliminal called " supper focus generator"

Thanks for any input.

Raymond, my gut tells me that you INTENTION is probably 80%-90% of the equation with the paraliminal taking up the other 10%-20%. Why? Because your intent is coming from you. The paraliminals as far as I can see have been designed to work around that intent! Think about it. Have you ever seen other programs so extremely versatile? For example, with your self-esteem program, you can make a general intent such as "I have high self-esteem" or "I feel good about myself!" You could ALSO be very specific such as "I deserve a raise! I feel relaxed and confident as I ask for a raise!" or "I feel relaxed and confident around beautiful, sexy women!" Can you see the possibilities that are built into these programs? With such an infinite number of possibilities and with such an infinite number of needs and desires from the many listeners out there, I believe that, for the most part (exceptions being programs like Weight Control and Stop Smoking where the titles pretty much say it all about the program's contents) Paul's instructions are pretty open-ended and allow for an extreme amount of flexibility! Last night for the first time, I used the New Behavior Generator. I modeled the high notes of one of my all-time favorite singers after listening to him on a CD for about 30-40 minutes. You know what? It WORKED!!! Sure I'd been listening to this singer for years but the difference was that I could "see/sense" some subtle things he was doing. Funny how I couldn't "see" this before even though listening to this great artist HAD helped my singing. And yes, I also FELT the difference too because I was able to DO those subtle differences myself. I simply relaxed and started singing without regard to the aforementioned listening. I focused on the lyrics and music and sang. It didn't take long for me to notice that my high notes were ringing out with an effortless ease I didn't have before. I also was aware of the slight physiological shifts that ALLOWED these changes to happen!
So what does my singing have to do with you??? First of all, the programs definitely DO work! Second of all, DECIDE on what it is YOU want! (I'm assuming you have ONLY the self-esteem program?) Third, if you have a bunch of negative self-talk coming in, turn them into a positive intention. For example, Getting promoted would be impossible for me becomes I am an EXTREMELY valuable and capable employee at X Company. I think in positive possibilities ONLY and for me anything I desire IS possible! I now see MYSELF getting a raise and yes, I truly deserve it!

As for your mind wandering off AFTER you've declared your intent and/or answered Paul's questions, so be it. The program was designed to work with your intent, not your fleeting thoughts! Thank God for that! You have a POWERFUL tool Raymond. Use it (and allow it) to work for you! --- Mike

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Sometimes you need to reinforce what you learn with the Ideal Weight CD with one of the other Paraliminal. Comfort eating - Self-Esteem Supercharger.

Stress worry overwork - Anxiety Free

Break the Habit is a good one if you find that your mind focuses on eating the wrong foods in spite of your work with the Ideal Weight Paraliminal. The disappointment when our imagination beats our conscious desires and action.

Keep a diary for a week to record your feeling (not necessarily the food) feelings, thoughts and any emotions you can identify as triggering your desire to eat something that you feel was in conflict with your goal.

This will clue you to which Paraliminal might be the one you need to kick start your weight change goal.

When Paul created the Paraliminal Ideal Weight Break the Habit wasn't available. I think a slight shift in approach may work here. Use Ideal Weight session A . Notice what happens. Do you habitually wander to the fridge during commercial breaks anyway? There is a Break the Habit project. Use that the following day or same evening and listen to Ideal Weight Session B.

Since eating is necessary for life it is easy to give over to or habitual eating patterns despite our good intention and listening to the Ideal Weight Paraliminal and I know there are some issues that will send some people the opposite direction when they try to set into motion the plan to change their weight. That means we may need Self-Esteem Supercharger to allow ourselves to let go of that protection layer. Anxiety Free if we use it for dealing with stress (boss co-workers driving you bonkers and you need something to make you feel better) New History Generator if you were trained to eat everything on your plate or eat a cookie (to bribe you to stop crying) . Eating because you are alone or bored might need New Options Generator to find other things to do.

Don't give up and above all don't think you've failed because you put on weight rather than reducing it. The Paraliminal is for ideal weight some people do need to put on weight. Maybe you needed to put some on to protect you through a stressful time.

Like I said keep a diary. It will give you ideas which Paraliminal might be useful for breaking your pattern.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved