Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lolu Offline OP
OP Offline

hey guys

i have several photoreading products, my father is a fan :-)

we have the PhotoReading Deluxe Course and a seminar in German. The seminar consists of 4 dvds.

So how should i start?

with the seminar that has german added?

or the cds?

or the supercharger 3 dvd program?

please let me know in which order i should start.

regards

Hi, lolu..

I would suggest you try the photoreading course first.. So that you will get some background on photo reading and learn the steps. Then, when you start watching the videos the things they say make more sense. (By videos, i mean the supercharger dvds.) Then you will say "oh yeah!, now I understand more of what I need to do." See, I started with the dvds just to see if i could get some kind of a head start..but actually what that made me do is get to studying the course. Then I completed it, and then I saw the videos again. It really gives you the extra boost. But to give you my suggestion in a nutshell...i would say...

1.The Photoreading Course (Cds and the Manual).
2.The Supercharger Dvds.
3.The Seminar Dvd.

As long as the course comes first, number 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

-Shahe

lolu Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks mate!

but what i noticed the seminar is sort of like the cds... but yeah i think this will be ok...

best,
j

Do DVDs have subtitles for deaf people?

Yes or No?

If no, you people have aware of some deaf people who said they need full access to the course, and should be include subtitles on DVDs.

The other courses with CDs are not suitable for deaf people - what to do?

Learning Strategies Admin

The DVDs don't teach PhotoReading. Everything you need to know is in the book.

And yes Learning Strategies did look at adding subtitles unfortunately they are not a major production company and it would have made the DVD's grossly expensive.

The option is there for subtitles to be added when it becomes cost effective however with the relatively small market it isn't feasible.

Alex

Alex,

I disagree fully with you saying "unfortunately they are not a major production company and it would have made the DVD's grossly expensive" and "become cost effective". Not true. Are you more interested in money than people?

You know there are many deaf people who interested in photoreading for many years. Millions of deafmute, deaf, hard of hearings live in America, and 9 million in UK cannot benefit from DVDs. Each person should access to full information regardless what disabilities they got, and each person are human beings.

I have seen the DVDs from a friend house (available on Internet on torrent)... too much talk hours, and hours talking on DVDs, not much show visual how to do it and no subtitles.

How do you expect me to understand any of them if I am going to buy the whole DVDs? I do not understand. FULLY NOTHING. (I am not shouting).

Worthless.

I am deeply disappointed in the response to exclude deaf people which is discrimination.

I am not happy. You said small market it isn't feasible, well, how come it is on the Internet download by many people who thinks it is not feasible to buy. What are you talking about? This supposed not be happen.

I talk to many deaf people about this. MANY DEAF PEOPLE ARE VERY ANGRY.

YOU PUT SUBTITLES / SIGN LANGUAGE ON DVDS IS THE ONLY OPTION AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

John.

John, Sign language is not universal so that is not an option. Auslan and NZlan are not the same as what you use in the US.

Learning Strategies did consider putting subtitles onto the DVDs however the cost was more than the production of the DVDs in the first place. Pete made the decision not to put the subtitles on the DVDs with apologies to me.

The Results Supercharger DVDs do not teach PhotoReading so even putting subtitles on them would not help you to learn PhotoReading another reason why Learning Strategies didn't do it. They were recorded at the 2004 Retreat and provided an opportunity to take PhotoReading to the next level.

If you seriously want to learn PhotoReading you can do it with the book. I did.

There are also live seminars. The instructors are happy to accommodate.

Right now Paul is redesigning the PhotoReading course and you can rest assured that I remind him that there are hearing impaired PhotoReaders out there.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved