Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58076 01/19/07 01:10 AM
Xela Offline OP
OP Offline

I realise that everytime I super read something with a diagram or a chart, that's what takes the most time (2mins for a chart sometimes) for me to read, analyse and study the relationship.

And naturally for me, I tend to 'dip' into most charts as that's where alot of information are organised in a very comprehensive manner (a picture speaks a thousand words?)

Does anyone else experience this?

Learning Strategies Admin

The question to ask yourself is... "Is this important right now? Can I be satisfied with less?' And consider the 80/20 rule.

Remember you can come back to it on another Superread and dip. It will take less time.

Also you're no longer Superreading and dipping you've moved to analytical reading which is about 90wpm. If that is your purpose then fine. If not then you need to take control.

Alex

Xela Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex, thanks for the advice.

I do realise that there are times where it is not important, and there are times where I do intend to go into analytical reading. I'm now going through a book on investment with some charts I could browse by pretty quickly because they are rather simple and I got the point of each chart pretty quickly.

I suppose there's a time to go through quickly, and there's a time to dip and drop into analytical reading, it all depends on my purpose/objective at the point of super reading. Is that right?

Yes. It depends on purpose, Even if I know I will need details I'll Superread and dip a few times for a better overview. It makes it easier to understand when it comes to being analytical and it saves heaps of time.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved