Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58191 01/26/07 04:08 PM
dmlocke Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi there,

I have some borrowed genius questions:

When you borrow someone's genius for a particular skill that you would like to be able to have, is this not a case of not having belief in yourself?

When you borrow genuis, may this impact on your personality if you are integrating the person/genius by putting on their head. Could this cause internal conflict and end up showing more of the personality traits of the genius?

regards
dmlocke

dmlocke #58192 02/04/07 04:25 PM

Yeah, that's a good question. I think those with schizoid tendencies may suffer from this problem. Well, I think your first observation is certainly more reasonable: the borrowed genius is really just a way to allow one to get past one's self-imposed limitations. By pretending to have the abilities we desire, we help facilitate their actualization. Whether or not you're actually borrowing anything from anyone is a matter of interpretation. I think a more rational view is simply that there is the potential for greatness in all of us, and we allow ourselves to tap into it when we realize that it is there in the first place, and one way to do that is by way of the borrowed genius exercise. It's just an exercise in creative imagination, and gives us permission to expand beyond our self-imposed limitations.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Often the borrowed genius technique is just a way to see how the genius sees and things that we could apply if we want to. You never have to give up personal choice.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved