Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
uniquesoul #58228 02/05/07 02:49 AM

Quote:

In my view, you need to ask Learning Strategies and Centerpointe which are they frequency requirements to obtain the maximum benefit from their products. If the lowest frequency goes below 15 Hz, then Koss, Sennheiser, etc will not pick it up and you will lose the benefit of the program. Maybe Alex can comment about Paraliminals, etc.

Not quite. The 15 Hz frequency is produced by the brain as a binaural beat which is the difference between the two different carrier frequencies used (e.g. 80 Hz and 95 Hz). It makes no difference how your headphones perform in that ultra-low frequency range (and performance is highly over-rated by manufacturers as I already said).

I'm speaking as a headphone enthusiast who owns one pair of $200+ headphones (Grado SR225), as well as several in the $100+ price range (Beyerdymanic DT531, Sony MDR V6 etc). I have also listened to some of the most expensive headphones ever made, uncluding the Sony R-10 (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5008). The only difference lies in how accurately (close to original recorded source material as intended by the engineer) and pleasingly they reproduce the timber of various bands, like midrange, treble etc.

On a related note, the Sony V6 I recommended are an almost identical, less expensive alternative to the Centerpointe recommended Sony V600. I just prefer to use the Koss KSC35s or my Grados when listening to mind/brain programs so I can forget about the fact that I am listening to headphones. It distracts me to have on heavier phones like the Sony V6s when I listen to any Paraliminal or brainwave entrainment programs.

Vikram #58229 02/05/07 06:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In my view, you need to ask Learning Strategies and Centerpointe which are they frequency requirements to obtain the maximum benefit from their products. If the lowest frequency goes below 15 Hz, then Koss, Sennheiser, etc will not pick it up and you will lose the benefit of the program. Maybe Alex can comment about Paraliminals, etc.

Not quite. The 15 Hz frequency is produced by the brain as a binaural beat which is the difference between the two different carrier frequencies used (e.g. 80 Hz and 95 Hz). It makes no difference how your headphones perform in that ultra-low frequency range (and performance is highly over-rated by manufacturers as I already said).

I'm speaking as a headphone enthusiast who owns one pair of $200+ headphones (Grado SR225), as well as several in the $100+ price range (Beyerdymanic DT531, Sony MDR V6 etc). I have also listened to some of the most expensive headphones ever made, uncluding the Sony R-10 (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5008). The only difference lies in how accurately (close to original recorded source material as intended by the engineer) and pleasingly they reproduce the timber of various bands, like midrange, treble etc.

On a related note, the Sony V6 I recommended are an almost identical, less expensive alternative to the Centerpointe recommended Sony V600. I just prefer to use the Koss KSC35s or my Grados when listening to mind/brain programs so I can forget about the fact that I am listening to headphones. It distracts me to have on heavier phones like the Sony V6s when I listen to any Paraliminal or brainwave entrainment programs.

I agree with you. I have listened to the Sony MDR V6 and the Bose Isolative headphones but as far as Paraliminals are concerned, headphones of that expense, as nice as they can be, are definitely not necessary. As I type this I'm listening to the sleep track of Belief and my $20 Radio Shack headphones are doing a great job (I hear all the words on both channels clearly and the Holysync tones are snowing me;0)). As a practical matter, I feel SURE that Learning Strategies would have learned about any "special headphones requirement" and as a purely pragmatic business matter, it would NOT have been in their best interest to be create a product where such an expense would have to be carried by the consumer in order to receive optimum results. From a purely business standpoint, you want the LARGEST amount of customers to have great results and they would have known that the great amount of customers aren't wearing $200-$300 headphones.
In any case, to the original poster, I get great results with my $20 Radio Shack headphones and for me, that's the 'proof in the pudding'!

Mike Pearson #58230 02/06/07 07:03 PM

Mike,

That's why my first recommendation was the $30 Koss KSC 35s (the KSC 75 are equally good and are only $20). Cheap, feathery lightweight (so I can fall asleep with them on without worrying), and they do the job very well. Can't go wrong with the lifetime warranty Koss has either (no questions asked)

Vikram #58231 02/06/07 11:18 PM

Smart choices Vikram! I'll remember the Koss next time I'm in the market. I had a pair of Koss back in the '80's (bought them in the PX while I was in the army) and they did a great job for a long time!

Mike Pearson #58232 02/07/07 02:21 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You don't need fancy headphones. Think comfort and and reasonable quality. They don't have to dive into the low frequencies.

Alex

OP Offline

Update:

Keeping every advise in mind (thank you!), I settled for Philips SHE7600 which cost me $18 CDN on sale from Wal Mart. Regular price $20. The frequency response range is 8hz - 24000 hz.
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/she7600_00/she7600_00_pss_eng.pdf

They had Koss and Sony too but the price scared me off. I will use it for a week to see how I like it. If I don't like it, I can return it for full refund within 90 days.

I am excited. I am expecting better results - even if just in the form of meditation if not more.

Thank you all.

Mike Pearson #58234 02/14/07 11:33 AM
OP Offline

Not impressed with Philips headphones. Returned them for a full refund. Settled for Sony MDR-NC11A Noise Canceling Headphones.

Will try these for a week.

OP Offline

Just an update, in case anyone is interested. I have been trying different headphones in the last few days. I finally settled for Cyber Acoustics HE200rb. I absolutely love the sound I am hearing through them - I wasted 6 weeks using the the dollar store headphones! Okay, maybe not quite 'wasted' but they definitely weren't the ones to use, when listening to brain programming tunes.

I had never before heard of Cyber Acoustics and I picked them up mainly because they included volume control. So for $20, I thought I will try and return if I don't like.

I don't like. I love them! So if anyone else is shopping for reasonably priced headphones, check out Cyber Acoustics website.

The ones I bought are very light weight and very comfortable around the head and ears.
http://www.cyberacoustics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Home.ProductDetail&content_id=358

The best I have found are the Creative Labs EP-630 Earphones. They meet the 6 Hz - 23000 kHz frequency response suggested above, they cancel out all outside noise as they're ear canal phones and their cheap to buy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved