Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Any suggestion about which paraliminals to use and how to use it to deal with a problem I have with avoiding confrontation at all cost? I often compromise my interest and be too "nice" about things to avoid confrontation. And in the end, I think often, not only my interest is compromised, the other person's interest is compromised because I wasn't being honest with the situation, I chose "nice" or avoid confrontation rather than being honest.

Thanks and advance.

Maybe you need to ask why you tend to be confrontational. I am too. I find that at times, with people above me at work, unless I am confrontational, I am not taken seriously when I have a complaint.

In my case confrontation relates to past traumas. I am hitting back onto somebody now since he/she embodies previous hurts I have gone through. So maybe New History Generator or New Behaviour Generator could both help. You may also use Deep Relaxion to get rid of tension built up.

OP Offline

Thanks uniquesoul.
If I understand your comment correctly, I think you may have misunderstood me. I mean I am usually too "unconfrontational", when to speak up and confront maybe the best reaction. I want to become less of a pushover. I'll try to think out of the box and see if the suggestions you made make sense in my case also. Thanks anyways.

The use of the Self Esteem Supercharger can help. One component of self esteem is assertiveness. One Pioneer in the field of Self Esteem Dr. Nathaniel Branden covers this quite well in some of his books. http://www.nathanielbranden.com/catalog/splash.php

He has books and exercises that can really make a difference.

OP Offline

thanks!

I must have misread your posting then. I still believe that rebuilding your past can help.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Look at Talk to Win as well. You don't need to be confrontational to get your message across.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved