Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58250 01/28/07 05:15 PM
rwolf Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, can anyone offer some advise please. I started the Diamond Feng Shui course a few weeks ago and to begin with felt full of enthusiasm but now am feeling overwhelmed with it (and I haven't yet got through the second part of the course). Part of the problem is that my house has small rooms so I only have a small area in any one direction with little available space to place things. I've activated my personal best direction in my bedroom by taping the cards to the walls which look a little odd but I don't want to do this in the more public areas downstaris.

I've also noticed that I have a lot of wooden furniture in most rooms which presumably means that wood is dominate and my fortune element is earth. How much metal would I need to add to a room to cancel out the effect of wooden books shelves, wardrobe or table?

Can anyone help before I give up please!

Thanks
Rhoda

rwolf #58251 01/29/07 02:02 AM

I think that wood furniture doesn't represent the element wood for elemental purposes. However, if it worries you, then you probably wouldn't want to add metal because that would create a clash between the wood and metal.

Instead what you would want to do is add the fire element, preferably in the color red for safety purposes. This way the fire will reduce the wood and at the same time enhance the earth. This is the natural order of things. Generally we want to remedy the domination cycle with the reductive cycle.

swingkid #58252 01/29/07 08:58 PM
rwolf Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the reply swingkid - that's helpful as I was thinking just about every room was dominated by wood.

So if wooden furniture doesn't represent the wood element, how is this represented? Are the elements mainly represented by colour and shape rather than the actual material?

rwolf #58253 01/30/07 07:20 PM

Well, I'm not an expert, but wooden furniture is not really alive. The wood element implies life, and that is found in green plants. If that is not possible, the color green is preferred I believe.

In diamond feng shui, wood is also represented by the numbers 3 or 4, or by cylindrical shapes. I think there's a summary of these things in the nine directions chart in the level 1 manual.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved