Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

thank for the tips Alex. You are right labelling your self is not going to help much. At most it can make you worse since you install self limitating beliefs. The thing is I was sort of caught on one foot with this, because one one side I can now attribute some of my failures to this condition but on the other side a solution may exist, either true medication meditation etc.

I am very careful not to let this disorder or condition (sound nicer!!) limit me but help me achieve more since when you know the cause of some of your problems you could identify a solution better.

Its like when you'r sick. once you identify what virus is causing the sickness you can take the necessary medicine to cure it.

Well for me the my biggest problem is procrastination.... and that is very bad because it steals life from you since time wasted is time wasted forever. Any ideas ?!! I have the get around to it tape.. any ideas how to use it for beest results?

quote:
Originally posted by adrian:
I have the get around to it tape.. any ideas how to use it for best results?

Daily.

Administrator
Administrator

First of all you need to make very clear goals. What you want to do and why you want to do it. Know what you need to do when and start doing it.

Use the Getting Around To it Tape to help you get started.

Also notice your excuses for not doing things... perhaps Anxiety Free would be a better tape in the case where you put off getting started because of fears, which is one of the major reason for procastinating.

adrian Offline OP
OP Offline

the main reasons why i procrastinate is perhapd the task is apparantely very big or difficult to accomplish no matter how hard i want it. I know it sounds stupid but it is like that. I have many goals i like to achieve and they conscously i know they are but that keeps me from getting waht i want

Administrator
Administrator

Use Anxiety Free prior to writing out your goals. Then write out the steps you need to take to get there. Focus on subgoals rather than the big piture when it seems overwhelming.

Alex

I don't believe that ADD even exists, although I can't prove it. I do believe that ADHD does exist to a certain degree, but is inaccurate in its defintion and diagnosis in the fact that it's really more of a combination of what be a slight piece of a seperate underlying disorder, mixed with the person's overall learning style, habits, personality, and various other factors.

I've done some decent reading on ADD, ADHD, as well as its common medication for children and many times even adults:Ritalin. According to the National Foundation for Gifted Creative Children one of Ritalin's side effects is possible severe heart problems, and in fact it has even caused death.

I believe that it IS in fact, a person's different learning style and personality that affects who they are, how they act, how they learn, and how they "pay" attention. I happen to know several people who have been diagnosed with ADD and ADHD and they're all extremely brilliant in different aspects. One of them is named Chris, a kid who used to be in my Biology class. Before he was put on Ritalin, he would not pay attention at all, not do any of the work, and it would seem as though he wouldn't pay attention at all.

The truth, however, is that Chris seemed to be smarter than I was once this magical Ritalin "allowed" him to pay attention. Not only that, but he could play the guitar like no one else I'd ever seen.

Then another kid, who's a small friend of mine named Zach is very annoying to many of his peers. Including me, he's quite the annoying little worm, BUT! He was suicidal last year, and has even tried to kill himself a few times because he felt that no one could relate to him because of his "disorder." I understood him perfectly and assured him that he simply had a different way of thinking. He now has more friends than I do, and is even making better grades than I am.

Many, if not, all of the symptoms for ADD and ADHD are also symptoms of what many schools and accelerative learning programs like to call "gifted and creative." I, too, 'suffer' from these symptoms, but hey! Who am I? A 14 year old who aced several years of his schooling, along with becoming a well developed web designer, and writer. (Yes, yes, it's true. I'm working on a book, and EVERY SINGLE person that read it loved it! Yay!!)

Spring Forest QiGong can actually help with many of the "impulsive" symptoms of ADD, and ADHD, and the accelerative learning state is practically designed for keeping your mind driven and focused.

If Einstein lived in the modern day world of highschool, he'd probably be diagnosed with ADD.

-youngprer
youngprer@yahoo.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved