Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Everybody.

I was trying the small universe meditation cd & i do not know if i am breathing correctly.

It seems to me that i have to breathe in & exhale very fast.

In the past when i have tried other breathing techniques i hyperventilated & got dizzy & lightheaded & disoriented.

Is it possible i am receiving many benefits during the meditation even if i am not breathing correctly.

Also would i received benefits during the meditation even if i fell asleep during the meditation.

Thanks for the help.

Photoread4me

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha PhotoReadForMe,

We just got off the phone, but I'll respond to this for the sake of other members.

Sleeping is a natural form of meditation, you will recieve benefit if you fall asleep between one of those Ohms or Muahs.

Check out the Level One manual's section on the Small Universe meditation. Sometimes a visual, or reading something can get things to click for people.

We breathe in durring the Ohms or Muah's. If they are short, be okay with that and just go with it. If they are longer than your breath, give yourself permission to take another breath there.

Much Love, Shawn
Give yours

Quote:

We breathe in durring the Ohms or Muah's. It's they are short, be okay with that and just go with it. If they are longer than your breath, give yourself permission to take another breath there.

Hi,

I also just tried the small meditation cd, last night, for the first time.
It felt quite powerful/good, and during the 2nd part of the cd I had a quite awesome experience that I have never felt before, even though I have been practising the active excercises for about a year (I have a question about this I'll write in another post)

But on this subject I had the impression, from Master Lin's instruction I was supposed to breathe out in unison with the Ohms and Mauhs.
I felt this was verified when I did the small universe again this morning and it felt more comfortable to say the Ohms on the out breath.

Peace and light,
Theo

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Theo,

Sometimes it makes you wonder what other things we just aren't hearing other people saying during our day, doesn't it?

Page 26, third bullet point in the manual can help you out with this. We aren't making the Ohm and muah sounds, Chunyi is. The breath in is during the sounds.

Much Love,

Shawn

Thank you Shawn,

I did realise I was wrong, upon practising it the second time - he does make it quite clear, you're right.
I was probably just tired that first time.

So if you don't have the CD for whatever reason, could one just say the 'Ohms' in our mind?
You need not answer this question as I will do the Small Universe along to the disc from now on, but I basically wondered if it was intended for that also.

With Love,

Theo

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Yes. I just "hear" Chunyi saying the ohms & muah's in my mind.

Much Love, Shawn

To any begginers: Try to feel a tingly sensation traveling to each point in the small universe as you are breathing. Once you do this a few times, you will begin to REALLY start to feel the energy flowing through you.

Here is my personal bias on trying to feel something. Don't.

I don't want to start self-hypnotizing myself, and you can. The steps are so much like meditation. I prefer the idea of being open to the experience. Feel whatever you are feeling. Become aware of whatever you are feeling. You awareness will grow as you practices it.

Now my bias is probably based on my science background and the naturally critical eye you develop in that field. It is probably also influenced by my first exposure to the energetic and meditative mind was through the Feeling Exercise by Arnold Patten ( you find more about it in the Abundance for Life forum).

That isn't to say that Zakyrus' suggestion isn't useful, just my bias is to not take action that I feel could bias the experience. That's not to say I don't do it at times with my own intentions (healing and creating).

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved