Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58333 02/03/07 02:29 PM
OP Offline

Hey all.

I am a new user of the paraliminals. I like them very much as listening to them seem to be able to instantaneously put me in a good mood. I find myself getting to them as soon as I have a chance. My girlfriend was originally quite happy about the effects they have on me. But lately, she started to point out that I may be listening to them too much. I also have the feeling that I maybe relying on my listening to them to live.

Has anyone also felt that they have been "addicted" to the paraliminals? I am not sure what I am trying to ask in this post. I suppose there are worse things in the world to be addicted to. Yet, addiction is addiction. I rather be able to function on my own and not have to rely on anything.

Just to share my thoughts and experience. Any reply would be welcomed.

Good day

It is a good addiction it's you wanting to have a rapid change sometimes another person might try to get you to stop because they do not want you to change

I was also using the paraliminals a lot. About two or three per day.

Anyway, the paraliminals are only instruments. If they get in the way of living I'd say that perhaps you're using it too much.

Then again, perhaps your girlfriend is too dependent on you?

What do you mean by " I also have the feeling that I maybe relying on my listening to them to live. "

I'm passing trough a similar case.

I started about three weeks ago listening to all the paraliminals on every aspect of my life. I have seen many changes on my perspective and way of living on these weeks and because of that I'm listening to them more and more. (3 sometimes 4 a day).

So my comment here is, if you know something is good for you and can help you and you have seen results, why not do it more?

Paraliminals is just a tool to enhance changes in your life on a deep level, so you are saving so much time on the long run by using paraliminals, is like using an affirmation several times, I think that more like an addiction is a new habit with good consequences attached to it. A habit that is helping you to change on less time that you can alone.

So, if it is good for you, why not do it several times?

I hope this helps you by giving a new perspective
Juan

At least you would be spending your time planted good stuuf in your head instead watching tv or something. if you were not using the paraliminals want would you be replacing with that time? think about it

An addiciton is NEVER a good thing! Not even a "good" one! If you check through this forum and also Personal Learning Strategies literature through the years, you'll find that they are very adamant about listeners having a HEALTHY balance in the use of their products! In fact, quite a few times Peter and Alex have posted about this saying that they want you have a HEALTHY BALANCE in the use of their products. The way they put is that their products are to help you live your life more abundantly and NOT for you to live your life in order to use their products! See the difference? One is in balance and one is not.

Hi,
I'm also new to Paraliminals, but I've been using Holosync for two months. I would guess your situation with your girlfriend could happen with other couples when one partner is involved with a program or activity and the other isn't.
The advice to follow the instructions from Learning Strategies is good. I do that with Holosync. You might consider that when we first start something some of us get so enthusiastic that we neglect other activities. After I bought my first computer I spent a few hours a day on it. That tapered off after a while. So I wouldn't worry too much about this.

A couple of suggestions: if possible, listen to some of the Paraliminals when you are alone so that she isn't aware of the time you spend listening. I listened to my Holosync Awakening Prologue for an hour from 6 to 7 a.m., followed by Sonic Access for Success today while she slept. I may listen to a different Holosync CD tonight before bed. Maybe you could have her listen to them with you. I haven't been too successful with that one yet. She's only listened once and was very impatient, but she did like the music track after the Sonic Access for Success.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend is very cynical. She doesn't believe that any of these products work, and I don't try to convince her. When I change that will be the proof. A quick example: She just told me about a vibration machine that was recommended to her by a friend. Well, I've had one for a year now, but she wouldn't try it.

Often in a relationship as one person starts to grow. The other half will try to pull the person back. And the isssue of growth can be anything from getting a new job, losing weight, stopping smoking, even learning a new skill such as speed reading.
Could it be that you are is somewhat of the same situation? And that your partner is not willing to let you grow.
Perhaps a good counsellor could help you with this. In issues of time managment, relationship skills such as confict resolution, negotiation.

You do have the right to grow in self love, self choice, health, freedom and truth.

Having been there a long time ago. Myself I would seek a few sessions with a counsellor.

Quote:

Hi,
I'm also new to Paraliminals, but I've been using Holosync for two months. I would guess your situation with your girlfriend could happen with other couples when one partner is involved with a program or activity and the other isn't.
The advice to follow the instructions from Learning Strategies is good. I do that with Holosync. You might consider that when we first start something some of us get so enthusiastic that we neglect other activities. After I bought my first computer I spent a few hours a day on it. That tapered off after a while. So I wouldn't worry too much about this.

A couple of suggestions: if possible, listen to some of the Paraliminals when you are alone so that she isn't aware of the time you spend listening. I listened to my Holosync Awakening Prologue for an hour from 6 to 7 a.m., followed by Sonic Access for Success today while she slept. I may listen to a different Holosync CD tonight before bed. Maybe you could have her listen to them with you. I haven't been too successful with that one yet. She's only listened once and was very impatient, but she did like the music track after the Sonic Access for Success.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend is very cynical.
(Does it really matter whether or not your girlfriend is cynical??? Live your life by your OWN choices and decisions! Believe me, you'll be much happier in life if you do!-- Mike)

She doesn't believe that any of these products work, and I don't try to convince her. When I change that will be the proof. A quick example: She just told me about a vibration machine that was recommended to her by a friend. Well, I've had one for a year now, but she wouldn't try it.

Hi, Lovefungus,
Just a p.s. to my earlier reply: How much time per day are you listening to the CDs? We are reacting to the term addiction without knowing how much time you spend on this . And what is the life you're neglecting?. Is your work suffering? Are you a student who isn't studying? Have you abandoned or curtailed important relationships?

I'm listening a minimum of one hour a day (Holosync) and one half hour of Sonic Access (I received the program only a week ago). Early this morning I did the one track of Sonic Access, and my Awakening Prologue for one and one half hours earlier this evening. My listening time comes from reduced reading (I had been reading two or three novels a month --now I read one or less-- and from reduced television watching).

While riding the subway and commuter railroad on Sunday I noticed people with mp3 players. Some of those folks may be listening a few hours a day, whether it's while standing in line at Starbucks, while walking, while eating. I wouldn't think they would describe themselves as addicted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved