Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

To say that Higher Balance is the best is only really saying that you have not yet met anything better. It does not indicate in any way an absolute truth.

From my own experience which is relative to other teachers that I have met, Higher Balance and Eric Pepin's teachings are average. This may upset some followers of Eric's but I'm not saying this because I want to put him down, I'm just giving my own view of experiences compared to experiences I've had with others.

It's like saying that an adult human can walk faster than a baby. It does not put down the baby at all, it is just a comparison of ability.

Now if that baby was able to walk before other babies then other babies may well be very impressed with that one's skills. Perhaps it could even do a hop skip and jump.
Now if that baby taught those other babies how to walk and how to do some tricks the other babies may not have met anything like this in their lives and be flabbergasted. They may even think that this baby was the next messiah.

So many Higher Balance followers that I have met desperately want Eric Pepin to be the next messiah. A few have reacted quite violently when I said I didn't think he was. I don't think that the man is ungifted but this does not seem to be enough. Many followers want us to fervantly believe that he is the most gifted on earth. This is hardly the first time that this type of consciousness has been perpetuated on this planet. I've been to Siddha Yoga retreats where specific "masters" could raise the vibrations of a room to levels of ecstatic bliss that I had previously thought impossible, only to find out later that these same "masters" had perpetuated sexual abuse and physical abuse on people. I've also been a counsellor for people exiting cults and the descriptions and experiences they related would almost always be the same.

Does this in any way negate that fact that these "masters" had skill? No. Does this mean that they are the next Messiah or incorruptible by their emotions and desires? No.

The ability to transform energy so that followers can feel complete oneness with the universe does not in any way mean that a "master" or teacher is enlightened. Reaching these levels of skill does not even require that a person purify or achieve emotional mastery. It is simply a level of skill, and it is this skill that makes followers adore them.

A real master guides students to finding the unlimited source of power within themselves. A master who is truly dedicated to enlightenment is commited to purifying the emotions and ego cravings that arise simultaneously with the acquisition of power. A real master of enlightenment shows students how to realize that the truly "profound" does not exist in separation but in unity, in finding peace within the "mundane" or "ordinary." Unlimited power cannot be experienced if we are guided to only find them in limited situations.

Eric Pepin is taking the path that many other teachers have and are taking. Perpetuating the separation and division. This separation is how he receives adoration and praise and the perception from others that he is better and higher. If he guided people to understand that real enlightenment came from finding peace and understanding in every moment, no matter how mundane or "ordinary", then he would lose much of this "power." He would lose it, because people would find their own and heaven forbid that students see him as an equal!

Hi Coyote,

I know you disagree with what I say and you believe Eric is teaching you how to become Enlightened but I stick to my belief that you cannot learn Enlightenment. It is given to you by the Grace of God/Universal Energy.

" A person who seeks learning knows more and more.
A person who seeks enlightenment knows less and less
until things just are what they are "
Quote from LaoTze

Sometimes you can try too hard, thinking that you are getting somewhere on the path to enlightenment but in the end it leads to nowhere and all you are is disillusioned or believing that you are enlightened when you are not.

Love and light
Faune

OP Offline

It is hard to deny the results that I seen in the last two years of my life. When people read my posts here, now, they would not believe who I used to be.

Twenty-five years ago I rejected my parent's religion as a teen boy. I immersed myself into the world of science and achievement. I graduated from University with a degree in Engineering. I became nuclear trained officer in US Navy. After my time was up, I left for corporate America. I lived a very structural, scientific, left brained existence.

When I found Higher Balance in December of 2004, I had never meditated in my life. I had no preconceived ideas about spirituality. I had never heard of Esalen, The Monroe Institue, Ken Wilber, Edgar Cayce, the Gaia hypothesis, the Akashic records, Gnostic Christianity, the Essenses, Madame Blavatsky, Theosophy or Yogi Ramacharaka.

Of course I invest my time, energy and money into Eric Pepin and the Higher Balance Institute but I am always on the lookout for something better. I check to see the way that other schools of though mesh (or don't mesh). I think that if HB did not exist, I would be student of The Monroe Institute. But sadly Robert Monroe is no longer with us. The TMI teachings are full of technique but there is very little understand or teaching of the mechanisms, the reasons, the why.

Eric's material is mix of knowledge and practice. I now know that is a interleaving of understanding and experiences that leads to further understanding and experiences. We have to use that knowledge and understanding to constantly stretch our beliefs in what is possible. That's why my posts here sometime include some speculations. I am pushing, trying to further my own understanding of the Universe.

A flower will open when every thing is perfect. The sun is shining, the moisture level is correct, the soil is correct, the time is correct... You cannot force a flower to open. It would be ruined.

I do not know what enlightenment is nor do I spend time thinking about it. I do know the Universe, Eric Pepin, Matthew R. and Matt S. have invested time and energy into my psychic and spiritual development. I would not be honoring my teacher, my school, my experiences or myself if I did not fully commit to going as far as I can in this lifetime. And when I am ready someday, becoming a teacher to pass along what I have learned to those who follow.

Peace my friends,
Coyote

Hey all,

Quick shout out to all the people in this forum. I always like finding places where people are commited to truth.

Anyhoo, I have been a member of Higher Balance for nearly four months now, and would like to answer some of the rejections to Coyote's post. I know how truly humbled he has been recently from his experiences, and I think it is only fair that I defend HBI/Eric Pepin if a comment has been made that I have seen evidence to the contrary.

Firstly, Eric can and does use hypnotism in some of the modules. This is limited to but a few cd's, and in these it is designed firstly to relax the listener, and secondly to take their mind on a journey which may or may not help the listener to work out their own mental issues (ego, control, anger etc etc). I personally do not have a problem with this, as it is my decision to allow myself to be taken into a state for my own benefit. I am fairly well schooled in the workings of psychology (current BSc), and more 'alternative' approaches such as NLP. To date I am unaware that Eric would use any techniques to alter peoples mind state against their will, and have not found any evidence that he has to me without my knowing.

I think Coyote will agree that HBI is the best he has found, and that it is also perfectly possible that a better alternative exists that he hasn't been found (Eric consistently points to other teachings that are not his own. After all, Truth is truth, no matter which mouth it comes from). I will re-emphasise Coyote's comment that a lot of HBI's advantages comes from the 'straight to the point' nature of the material. It provides results, in the form of techniques/abilities etc to try and bypass the limitations we impose upon ourselves, but also later *huge* emphasis on working on your own issues and how these may effect you and those around you. It is certainly better than a lot of the "new age quackery" that I found and experimented with to date.

I am sorry that you have met HBI members who so fervently believe that Eric is the next messiah. I know for certain that Eric would be devastated to hear this, but I should imagine he also expected it. It is somewhat fairly natural for those with lesser ability to look up to those that have a much higher ability. But I simply cannot stess enough the amount of times that Eric has asked for us not to do this. I could quote various things he has written himself, but I could go on and on forever. He has said he does not want to be seen as an enlightened teacher, as with that will come human interpretations and expectation, and he will fail. If anyone puts him on a pedastool, he will come crashing down, and he sadly acknowledges this.

The fact that these people reacted quite violently is a demonstation of their development. You shall know them by their fruits, and their fruits alone.

"A master who is truly dedicated to enlightenment is commited to purifying the emotions and ego cravings that arise simultaneously with the acquisition of power" (furry) ---> When you get past psychic development (as a means to an end) etc, Eric is always talking about the upmost importance of this. Is it possible for Eric to personally try to advise each and everyone one of the tens of thousands of people who have purchased the foundation set on the exact shortcomings of their ego? No. Has he produced numerous CD's/material that talk about this? Yes. It is also some of the best explained material I have found on these matters, without giving students tidbits of information, and asking them to return in 10 years when they have thought about it properly. Eric is simply trying to give people what it is they need to know, and he is trying to teach his students to find their own power. Yes, sometimes he will raise the vibration of the areas around him etc, and he explains that he does so as to be shown a place can sometimes increase the likelyhood of finding it again on your own.

Please try to see past the limitations of the members you have already spoken to. After all, isn't it normally the 'masses' that corrupt every genuine system for truth? You only have to look at some of the worlds religions to see this.

Faune, a whole module named "The Power of Surrender" is entirly dedicated to the nature of finding enlightenment. Only by truly surrendering to the will of God/Universal Energy/The Force/The Universe can any form of true enlightenment can be found. To try too hard is to miss the point entirely. Eric normally refers to this in his adopted jargon as "being fluidic". I think bruce lee used to speak of the same thing

Eric also aknowledges the existance of other sources who have the same knowledge or take on things. His own emphasis, is to collate this and communicate it in a way that people can understand quickly, in attempt to try and avoid some of the hinderance that occurs along any path.

I hope you can see what I am trying to say. Also, there has been talk in this thread of other sources who are more advanced or closer to the truth per se. Can we know about these sources to explore them as well? I know I am certainly not holding any cards to my chest.

Namaste to you all,

LostCameleon

Dear Lost Cameleon,

It would seem that you have missed the point.

1st I have tried Eric Pepin's book, foundation course and other modules. If you actually read my posts on this thread you will see what I thought about him. ( I also have qualifications in the field of psychology)

2nd The trying too hard bit was directed to the Coyote.

3rd The fact that Eric constantly boasts about being enlightened and 'working his butt off to get there' just makes me feel that he is not enlightened at all and is only out to make money from those who he can convince to follow him.

4th I find him devisive and manipulative.

If your present choice is to follow Eric then that is entirely up to you. As an older female I found that my experiences with HB etc were much less than satisfactory. I will assume that you are, as is Coyote, a young man and therefore acceptable to Eric as one of his chosen 'White Cells.' As you have only been a follower for four months you are probably still in the infatuated stage. As Furry said Eric is not without gifts and certainly has 'the gift of the gab'.

However your choice is just that, YOUR choice - but definitely not mine.
Good Luck

Love and light
Faune

Faune,

Thanks for your reply.

I will reply to your points in the same numbers you used to keep all this tidy as possible.

1st - I had read the entire thread before posting, and I think I have a pretty good idea about what your ideas are. I need to make it clear that it is not actually my intention to 'convert' you , but I have always believed that if people are to criticise anything then they should provide reasons for doing so. I appreciate you have covered this to some extent. But this seems like the kind of forum that is conducive for rational discourse, therefore you won't mind me using it. Good arguments hold up on their own.

2nd - I was under the impression that the nature of our efforts apply to all that choose to take any path of any sort.

3rd - I am interested in what your notions on the nature of enlightenment actually are. Do you have any examples of enlightened beings that somehow define how one should act when enlightened? As far as I am aware, historical accounts of enlightened beings have no doubt been contorted to fit the dominant paradigm etc, to influence people one way or the other. Also, I am not sure I can really agree with the fact that Eric 'constantly boasts' about being enlightened. He has a certain way about him I agree, but he aknowledges this, and let's face it - anyone still on planet earth is bound to have issues. It doesn't matter how enlightened you are, you still have an organic body that can only interpret so much from 'higher sources'.

4th - Of course, you have the right to your opinion. As far as I am aware, you are yet to really describe where this description comes from, and is so less of genuine substance and more argument ad hominem.

Would you mind disclosing how as an older female you found your experiences much less than satisfactory?

You are correct in your assumption that I am a young male, but I don't think this removes anything from my arguments. You are incorrect that that Coyote is what would normally be considered a 'young' male. A community site of members who commit themselves to a higher level of dedication, and therefore could be considered to have a higher level of knowledge/experience, are in in the vast majority not young males accepted as 'chosen ones'. I think it is also worthy to add that I practised the HBI methodology long before they knew I was a young male.

I am also prepared to admit that I am new to HBI, but this only leaves me humbled as to the length and nature of the journey I am packing my bags for now. Not at one point have I been infatuated with Eric Pepin. If I follow him it is because he has demonstrated his worth to me in ways that have nothing to do with psychic prowess. If he struggles to this day, then so be it. Before enlightenment, you carry logs. After enlightenment, you carry logs.

I am interested in where you consider you path now to be taking, what systems of knowledge you now follow (if any), and what successes you have had.

You also pull on the ideas of the white cell/red cell analogy as being devisive. I can see where your coming from, as I still struggle with this concept to this day. However, again I would like to hear of an alternative, and not just the two famous words of 'universal love', which I have read much of in the past.

I hope you appreciate that my intended tone of this post is not slanderous, but inquisitive.

Peace,

LostCameleon

Hey all,

I was reading the posts, and I would like to make a few statements.

Before I met Higher Balance I asked God/ the universe for a gift. This gift was the request to find out the truth about Reiki, Tarot, energy etc.. In a matter of weeks, at my job, I ran into a person that was working with Higher Balance for over a year. I do not believe in coincidences at all. God wants me to become the person that I needed to be, I felt it, and I asked for the way.

To me Eric is not a next messiah. I have never thought of him in that way. I only serve one, and that is God. God reached out to me and showed me this teacher. Eric is a wonderful person. He is giving, caring, kind, and so much more. He is doing his job, and so am I. In the end we both serve the One.

I do not care what people say about the knowledge that he is giving out. All that I am willing to say is that there is a universal truth. Eric is offering this, and God directed me to him. If he is a good teacher, and I know that he absolutely is, he will guide me to my higher self.

He is offering the way, the translation, for me to serve the many when it is time to do so.
I understand very well that he is using a level of gain to achieve this. The world is a tough place, and we will always need the cash. Besides, it is what you do with the money that makes the difference. Have a lot of money, that is not unfair, but use for the greater good.

If God thinks that I need an other teacher then it will communicate this to me. I will surrender to it’s will. Whitecell or Redcell, it does not matter. In the end we serve, and that is final.
The earth has a need for both, and as long as that need remains there will always be White and Redcells.

Learn to listen to God if you want to serve it, and it will direct you where you need to be.

Namaste & Great Love,

Ronald

Of course there is also this:

http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/search?q=pepin

3,2,1 - Now lets hear the excuses the roll in.

Oh my, this is very sad to say the least.

Lost Cameleon,

Enlightenment is all things to all people and there are as many types of enlightenment as there are people.

For a neurologist it is the shutting down of certain parts of the parietal lobe. For a biologist it is heightening of the senses. For a psychologist it is loss of the ego . For the philosopher it is becoming a witness to life. For someone on the spiritual path, it is about opening your heart to life and developing the capacity to love everything and to be free of a sense of separate existance.

After some 20 years of following a religion and a further 40+ years of various spiritual practices I conclude the following:

Enlightenment means to experience the reality of each moment without trying to resist or change it in any way. When you fully experience the truth of each moment then you are no longer separate from the consciousness which flows through the universe.

All we do when following other people, is to learn their ideas, and the more we develop spiritual ego's and have all kinds of concepts and expectations , the further we get from enlightenment.
We always assume that the path towards enlightenment is a spiritual progression and that as we become better and better we will eventually cross the finish line and receive the prize of enlightenment.
I don't think it works like that.

The mind which is based in duality - cannot be enlightened.
The self, which is an illusion - cannot be enlightened. The self is only a concept.

Enlightenment is the realisation that there is no mind or self to become enlightened !

Love and light
Faune

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved