Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58520 02/13/07 11:52 AM
OP Offline

What is the process for photoreading ebooks?

I've just been skimming over them once then rapid reading and dipping.....I guess I just want to know how you photoread one page at a time? because that's how e-books are formatted.

tonez323 #58521 02/14/07 11:52 AM

As Paul Scheele, mentions very well in the book that while reading electronic documents you should make the same decisions to preview, photoread, super read and dip, skitter, and rapid read similar to what you would do with regular books. You just need to have some modifications while PhotFocusing and Page flipping.

During photofocus, as you will not be able to see the blip page, therefore try having a soft gaze at the centre of the monitor screen as text flashes. While page flipping use the up and down arrow keys rather than scrolling by mouse.

vaibhav #58522 02/15/07 01:48 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

In acrobat reader set your preferences for page turning to 1 second and simple click ctrl L and the computer flips the pages for you while you look at the screen in photofocus. Web pages and where word docs (place the cursor at the top of the page) tap the page down key while looking at the screen in photofocus.e-books you can only hit page down and click on the next link some have arrow keys at the bottom place your cursor over the advancing one and just click click click away. The ones where you have to click a link to advance I find that setting the scroll button to advance one page at a single click useful there save having to do the mouse and keyboard shuffle you can just keep one hand on the mouse. I use the scroll button a lot.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved