Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#58527 02/13/07 02:28 PM
Bjhn Offline OP
OP Offline

Anyone bought and tested "The Secret" DVD?

Bjhn #58528 02/14/07 01:48 AM

My friend aroused my interest in the Law of Atrraction, and I ended up buying "The Secret". I just watched mine tonight for the first time tonight, and it is directed very good, and the success stories sound very promising. I just put the stuff they talked about into action, and I do feel alot better about things already. The dvd is very uplifting too. They cover almost everything you would ever think about, and more. I definentely learned ALOT from it, and it will take some time to "test" it. If anyone else has bought it and "tested" it, please post your reactions/stories. I would be very happy to hear from other users of it. I borrowed "what the bleep do we know", which I heard is really good, so I hope I can make some changes to my life so it works out better.

Last edited by QuickLearner; 02/14/07 08:19 PM.
Bjhn Offline OP
OP Offline

I have now seen the movie and will probably buy it. In a way it is revolutionary, but in other ways not. Visualization and manifestation of wealth is something people has done for years.

I have created for myself a "wish list" and a visualization board as recommended by the movie. All wishes should be within my capability to achieve within a year or two, some within a few months.

I have for a while already used Christopher Love's "Manifesting Wealth & Abundance" CD with OK results. The problem with that CD is that I think he spends to much time trying to put me into trance and too little time on affirmations. When listening to hypnosis CD when going to bed I often go into trance/half sleep within a 4-5 minutes. I think I will replace it with the Prosperity paraliminal. Although a hypnosis track probably isn't necessary to use with The Secret I prefer to use it as a booster.

Bjhn #58530 02/16/07 03:01 AM

I have just ordered the Secret. Can anyone tell me if they found success in building positive friendships after watching this video? That is one of the things I'm trying to improve upon as well as create more wealth.
Please advise. Thanks!

I have the DVD and have watched it 5 times already. I agree that it is very well directed however I must say it teaches nothing new. In another words, the secret is old and was/is being shared by all the motivational and inspirational speakers from Tony Robbins to Joel Osteen!

I think it (The Secret DVD) has become huge because it is in DVD format. For those who have never heard of the phrase "You are what you think" will find The Secret interesting. Those who have been trying to live by the Secret for eons will definitely feel muchadoaboutnothing-new!

Kelly Howell (Brain Sync) also released "The Secret (of Universal Mind)" in December 2006 in audio format and she too preaches the same - law of attraction, law of creation, think and you shall manifest. Deepak Chopra, Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins - everyone have become rich from sharing The Secret.

So yah, the direction is good - but for me personally, it didn't meet my expectations and encouraged me to stick to Brain Sync and Learning Strategies. But if you are addicted to bettering your life as I am, you will find that if you purchase the DVD, it will 'some day' prove itself a good purchase.

The only thing I have gotten from the DVD thus far (that I didn't have before) is help with visualization. After watching the DVD, I promptly created my "vision board".

Basically what I am trying to say is "The Secret" is that there is "No Secret!" The message is old and told billions of times - it's nothing new - but it is definitely not a waste of money or time. Like me, you may find it worth spending the $ on that one thing it might give you (the vision board for example!).

Add it to your collection.

Here's a link I found this morning on another forum, and if you are a fan of The Secret DVD, you may also benefit from the FREE lessons (apparently worth close to US$80) in the form of audio interviews between Bill Harris and participants in The Secret DVD. You can download the audio files (or listen online), and also the text from the audio (in PDF). The first of seven weekly lessons is with Joe Vitale, and the interview is about 80 minutes long.

The Secret Lessons with Bill Harris and The Secret Teachers

Bill claims it's a limited time offer.... I decided to bite!

Cheers!
Unis

Unis #58533 02/17/07 07:14 PM
Bjhn Offline OP
OP Offline

I imagined getting US $16,310 dollar(which is an even number in the valuta of my home country) into my bank account as part of my "wanted/wish list". Today I won close to US $10,800 in the pick-6 lottery.

Not the amount I wanted, but I can of course win more later... ;-)
I am of course happy to win this amount too.

This was only one thing on my list. If it should be counted as a positive result other things on my "wanted list" must happen too eventually.

Bjhn #58534 02/17/07 08:10 PM

I haven't seen the Secret yet. I have read Hicks/Abraham, seen/read Dr. Dyer, etc.

I think there is distortion of in the teaching attracting abundance by most spiritual teachers caused by capitalism. Spiritual teachers cannot stay in business unless they put out things that sell. They have staff that needs salaries, offices to pay rent on, taxes, health insurance, phone bills, computers, production costs, advertising, and any many other things that any small business owner can attest to. Google alone probably takes 10% of a spiritual teacher's gross.

That said, teachers must weigh what will do the most good vs. what will sell. Face it, manifestation sells. But manifestation can be a trap that can prevent further spiritual development. And I am totally fine with all of this. But I think people should also be warned that manifestation can be an exit ramp off the highway of spiritual development.

I believe that God periodically peels back the curtain of the universe and allows one to see backstage. Then God closes the curtain and sits back to see what will happen. Experiences come from God. God wants true spirituality to thrive and grow and the people who are rewarded are those who spread God's will, those who teach. God does not invest further energy in those who keep his majesty, his beauty, his energy to themselves. Examine the lives of Jesus, Buddha, Millerapa or any current spiritual teacher.

Coyote wrote:
Quote:

But I think people should also be warned that manifestation can be an exit ramp off the highway of spiritual development.

Having listened to the first interview of the series mentioned above (with Joe Vitale, known as "Mr. Fire" and "the Hypnotic Marketer"), as well as having viewed "The Secret" several times now, and watched the two recent Oprah shows featuring certain of the teachers, I'd say there is probably as much, if not more danger of exiting off the highway of spiritual development, in thinking that way.

Certainly, everyone takes advantage of their respective opportunities to do their sales pitches, even when they are marketing in the spiritual growth sector. However, that doesn't mean it's pulling them, or anyone else, off the "spiritual rails" by doing so. Some people sell cars - a physical tangible item. Some people sell ideas - not so tangible, but certainly can be useful, just the same. The car will take you from point A to point B. The idea may take you from being poor and having nothing, to getting that car, so you can get from point A to Point B. That doesn't mean you've been pulled off the rails because you've declared to the Universe that you are open to receiving what it has available for you.

There is nothing spiritual about being poor. And I'm not just speaking in terms of monetary wealth here, either. The idea is to develop a balanced idea of what "spiritual" wealth is - manifesting money or the trinkets you can buy with it is only a very small part of that. So instead of manifestation being an exit ramp off the highway of spiritual development, it can and should be used in a balanced way. Not everyone will do the trip in the same order, though.

One negative thing that can really happen is that people begin buying into the idea that they are not worthy of the whole enchilada, and start choking off having good things - sort of a "pinch me so I'll know it's real" thing, which then counteracts all the good things - good health, good relationships, security of person - ie not feeling constantly threatened by the war-mongering going on around them, freedom to follow their passions in life, etc., - from coming to them. It takes vigilence NOT to fall into that mindset, and the reason most people stay stuck is that they fail to discipline themselves enough mentally and emotionally to get the thing going for them at the outset.

And thank the stars, that's why we have people like Paul Scheele and others around to help us with the paraliminals and courses that will help us, IF we are willing to help ourselves. Most of them are generous to a fault with their money, their time, adding their superior abilities and knowledge to the general pool of human consciousness - you name it - so I'd find it hard to point my finger at any of them, and say they were ONLY doing it for the money.

Cheers!
Unis

Unis #58536 02/17/07 11:17 PM

Hello! I am new to the forums, but wanted to chime in on The Secret. I first learned about The Secret in August just as I was finishing reading the Kybalion and putting its teachings into practice in my life.

I went to the website, but decided that I just didn't have the time to watch the movie.

Christmas Eve my husband and I were at a party and our neighbor told me he had ordered The Secret for his daughter and how it had changed her life. I still was not interested in seeing or buying it.

Three weeks ago an acquaintance mentioned The Secret in anger to an associate practically shouting that he should buy the DVD and watch the movie. Hmmmm...

Was I getting the messgae?

The next day My husband and I went to our local Borders Books so he could pick up a book he wanted. As I walked through the front door there was a lone copy of the DVD The Secret tossed on top of a stack of books as though it had been left there for me. It was the first thing I saw as I entered the store. I decided buy it bit wanted to get another copy for my daughter. When I asked where I might find another copy the clerk looked in the computer and then told me that according to the inventory the one in my hand did not exist!

Okay, this time I got the message! I have been working with The Secret for about two weeks now and the changes are amazing.

As someone pointed out the concept of manifestation is not new. The Kybalion goes back thousands of years, and is, perhaps, the oldest known text on manifestation. What makes The Secret DVD so important in mastering this skill is that it shows you how to do it in the simplest of terms. The Secret is a very important tool in managing your feelings and emotions to try to keep them elevated and positive.

I run The Secret on my computer everyday while I am working. Even if I am not able to watch it I can listen to it, and so far I get something new out of it almost daily.

Paul Scheele has changed my life with his paraliminals. Those combined with The Secret just make life better and better!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved