Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Theo Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear all,

This subject has been on my mind for a while, in Qigong and meditation also. So I thought it would be worth a post on this forum that I've recently discovered. And I suppose that it is something that some other practitioners will have thought about too, or might consider.

I am not excellent at explaining things in good "Qi gong/practise technicality", but I'll try to make my thoughts clear enough.

Basically, I sometimes notice tendencies or habits in my quality of intention and movements in practise of SFQ & in meditation and in turn I can notice expectations, inclinations or preference toward certain experience or feeling.
So there is the intention and then the opening to experience, which can sometimes feel subtly habitual.

(For shorter version you may disregard the following)
For example, when I first started practising Qigong I would have had very little preconceptions and after a while I would start getting used to the exercises and developing my quality of breathing and my "flow" of movement, visualisation etc. and then at some point I might have a 'tingling feeling' throughout my body for instance, which I might then label as 'Ah! What a lovely feeling.' and could perhaps invoke that tingling with my intention or try to grasp onto it, at which point it could instantly cease as I'm not opening to the experience that came from my gesture and intention.

Other tendencies might be with my arm movement during one of the exercises or the way I might get stuck in a restricted visualisation of Qi entering my body from the universe.

But all this isn't really a problem. My general resolution is usually just to try to let my experience be; taking note of judgement/labels, to gently let myself open to it.
I think this resolve is very important and probably the only discipline I need to give myself in order to just notice habits and let them be and if I feel myself opening to a notion that feels like a positive development then move towards that (e.g. noticing a subtle "joltiness" in my movement and breathing, being aware of this and cultivating more of a "flowing-ness").
(To here)

The reason I wanted to talk about this was a quite profound and wonderful experience I had when trying the Small Universe cd for the first time last week.
During the Self Concentration (track 2) I had a series of very profound feelings and visualisations arising from my intention/concentration and Chunyi Lin's suggestions/instruction, which I haven't experienced before.
I felt like I had a certain strong connection with 'the emptiness' or perhaps a tiny glimpse at another side of reality. (I wont go into any detail)

So, I'm just taking note of my curiosity about how such spontaneous experiences just happen, while other times I can have the same kind of intention and openness without really preferring or expecting a similar experience, yet thoughts about this possibility might be lingering in the background creating this same issue of habit or expectation, but manifesting in a different and maybe less "manageable" way.

How can I approach this positively?
Any comments or advice are very appreciated,
Thanks for reading!

Peace and light,

Theo T

Theo, I just ramble for a little and hopefully you find something of value, since your post impresses me as more of a sharing. You seem to be good at asking and answering your own question.

The first idea came to me when reading your skippable section. This bit of wisdom actually came from Paul Scheele and he said something like, "You can't both be in an experience and analyze it at the same time." For me that was useful for dealing with those, "Wow this is great! Hey where did it go?" experiences. When I became the observer, I stopped being the experiencer (I'm allowed to make up my own words).

You talked about intentions. This is very important for healing and meditations, but I imbrace it differently for each (maybe I shouldn't). For meditations, I start with the intention then I let it go with the confidence it will be answered in the most appropriate way for me. I don't revisit the intention while meditating.

Now sometimes my focus will shift while meditating. I have no problem distinguishing when it is a wandering mind, and when it is guidance. It's easy to tell. I just know.

Keep letting those labels and judgements going. They have not real value. They are more of an observer activity than an experiencer one. Besides as you become confident that the universe is sending only what you need, you will appreciate everything and understand the lack of value in the old labels.

As for how you can stay positive, I would say use one of the six keys of success, Faith. Trust that the experiences that you are receiving are absolutely the perfect ones for you.

Well radiocity Iam2 is ending this broadcast.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Theo Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Iam2

That was perfectly helpful! I've had a talk with a friend about this also.
And I feel very good and clearer about it, so I'm glad I talked about it.
I think it is quite an important thing to be approached with care and clarity in my practise and not just ignored.

So it's true, you are perfection!
And so am I

With love,

Theo

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved