Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58616 02/15/07 06:24 PM
OP Offline

Hi Everyone,

I'm a novice with questions. I decided to try out paraliminal learning with Automatic Pilot. If it can help stop my negative self-talk - which mostly takes the form of doubt - I figured it would help with all my goals. The doubts include thinking my goals are pointless, I'm too flawed to succeed, and questioning whether I'm on the right track at all. I also find that I tend to avoid the tasks that will lead to achieving my goals.

How do you use it to end negative self-talk in general? It seems Automatic Pilot requires working with a particular goal. I haven't figured out how to picture a procedure that will stop negative self-talk from arising. What is the procedure for "I love and trust myself?" And would that even be the approach to take?

I've used Automatic Pilot for one particular goal - playing the piano as well with an audience as I do when I'm alone. The procedure I imagined was focus, relax, stay in the music, and ending with playing beautifully with people around. As far as 21 or 34 times in seven seconds, I thought of the scene playing out in rows of screens, like each dot on a domino was the scene playing out. I don't know about that. I expect more piano practice staying in focus will also be required. And time will tell.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks,
Beverly

I used it once, maybe early last year. I'll try it again tonight and see if I have any feedback for you tomorrow.

- Eric

I did Autopilot Session A last night and Session B this morning. My goal was finishing some documentation for work. The result is that I feel more playful with the task at hand.

Do you have the Belief Paraliminal? You may try statements like "my goals have immense, positive value to myself and others."

I also recommend the following book:
_Permission to Succeed_ by Noah St. John

- Eric

OP Offline

Eric,

Automatic Pilot is the only paraliminal I've tried. Your suggestion re: Belief and the statement to use sounds like a very good way to address what may be a root issue. Permission to Succeed - sounds scarily appropriate. I'll track down a copy right away. Thanks so much for test-driving Automatic Pilot on my behalf!

As I was practicing today I did notice that I was relaxed and maintaining better focus - except of course when I noticed that! And my husband was home.
Thanks again. Beverly

Although Belief is an excellent choice, I highly recommend listening to Deep Relaxation Paraliminal on daily bases as well. If you have do not have any prior experience in relaxation or meditation then this one is a must as it will lay the foundation for all other tapes.
Abbe !

OP Offline

Thanks for the suggestion Abbe, but my meditation practice is fine. I get extremely relaxed while I use automatic pilot too - except when my ipod thinks it should skip the sleep track! Do you find that daily use is necessary? I thought that after a few times I'd just need to sort of re-charge occasionally.
Beverly

I always fall asleep to ANY paraliminal when I lay in bed and listen to them, I find myself constantly tired too. But I feel great after I wake up.

If your goal is to play piano for an audience in a theater, then maybe you could try playing piano in the theater when it is empty. Become comfortable with the environment first, then introduce the audience.

I teach technical classes (ten weeks per year) and was nervous for the first couple of weeks. I practiced in an empty training room.
- Eric

OP Offline

That makes sense, though for now I'd be happy feeling comfortable playing for friends and family at home. I started Permission to Succeed yesterday. Thanks for the recommendation. St. John makes very clear in it the importance of believing productive things. In my mind though, there's a difference between belief and knowing. Belief has sort of a tarnished reputation. Rationally, I can see that belief in my ability, for example, is a first step toward knowing from results. I guess I need to relax about it and see how the process works.
Beverly

Beverly, KNOWING is an expression of a conviction. A conviction is the strongest form of belief--sort of a belief on steroids if you will! When you KNOW something, you have a conviction about it--you are very much convinced! Sometimes we need a CONVICTION (as opposed to a less powerful belief) in order to make a breakthrough in our life.
Build on a belief enough and it WILL become a conviction ---every single time! -- Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved