Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58639 02/18/07 09:05 PM
dan2004 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello

I started listening to this paraliminal yesterday. In it Paul said think of an area in your life where you're wasting energy, or something like that. Something about efforts wasted or energy leak occurrs. I can't figure out what this means? I do procrastinate a bit, but the act of procrastinating doesnt create any stress for me, its the stuff that doesnt get done as a RESULT of my procras that stresses me. I dont know if even this is relevant tho, I'm not sure what he's referring to. Can anyone advise?

Btw can anyone comment on the effectiveness of this para? For how many days must I listen to this once a day?

Thanks
Dan

Instantaneous Personal Magnetism (IPM) is sweet! It's perfect for procrastination. It relies on your having a model (a person) who exhibits the behavior that you want to introduce into your life.

Here's how it worked for me. I procrastinated on college projects. I worked in a group project and one guy was in ROTC. He encouraged us to finish our pieces of the project early and quickly. His motto was something like “we are here now; let’s get it finished now while we have all of these assets readily available.”

I did IPM with this guy as my model. It worked the very next day. I said the same thing to myself, and I was eager to get the project finished. This mode of thinking was effortless, and it knocked my socks off the first time I noticed myself thinking & acting this way.

I graduated from college almost 12 years ago. My memory of the guy in ROTC is what I used as my model. That’s the neat part. You can create a fictitious and believable model of a behavior that you want in your life. You may need to spend extra time going over the details, and it will still work as well as if you had met a real person who exhibits the behavior.

Best wishes,
Eric

dan2004 Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks eric! i have a role model too, i just dont know what parts of him i should emulate! i mean he's very confident, but im sure part of it comes from his size and the fact that people just treat him really well, neither of which i have going for me. in those circumstances id prolly be able to act the same way.

what about the energy losses that he talks about at the beginning of the cd tho? any idea about that? 'pick an area of your life where you may be wasting your energy'

Last edited by dan2004; 02/20/07 07:01 AM.

Procrastination = energy loss.

I remember a story from ??? about a kid who was bullied in school. He used Darth Vader as his model, and he stopped getting bullied. He carried himself differently, showing that he expected respect from others. That's what he got.

My grandmother told me a story about one of her relatives. She was a petite lady around 5 feet tall. She carried herself with respect. A clerk from a bank had not seen her in a number of years and did not recognize her, because he thought she was taller.

You can emulate your model's confidence. Confidence is not a function of size, it is a function of self-respect/self-esteem/self-confidence/self-concept. I'm 6'2" tall, which is taller than most. If confidence were a function of size, then most people who are shorter than me would become _unconfident_ in my presence. This doesn't happen. Confident people stay confident.

- Eric

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

"that doesnt get done as a RESULT of my procras that stresses me" That's your energy leak... the stress of having things not done.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved