Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58658 02/19/07 10:35 PM
OP Offline

I don't understand what's happening here. I ordered the entire 22-volume set and starting yesterday, began working with the ideal weight program. This is because it seems like no matter what I do, I can't seem to lose 15 extra pounds that I have. In looking at my diet book, I have limited myself to 1100-1400 calories a day and have biked for 15-30 miles almost every day, plus have been weight lifting 2-3 times a week, all for 7 months now. I seem to be gaining weight, not losing anything. It's not muscle because if it was, I'd have lost a size or two by now. This has been very frustrating so I thought the paraliminal would help.

Since using the paraliminal ideal weight program, I have had feelings of rage that are not directed at anything ... I just feel like I am going to blow up. This is not very relaxing and I can't seem to concentrate on anything because my back and shoulders feel itchy/crawly with tension.

I listened to a couple of the other tapes (Belief and Prosperity) and didn't have these effects. Is there something else that I should be listening to along with the weight paraliminal? I don't like this feeilng of anger. Or will this just pass because it's frustration surfacing about my issue of not losing weight now matter how hard I work at it?

Thanks for your time!
Deborah

Deborah1 #58659 02/19/07 10:44 PM

Regarding the rage:
Is the rage a response to physical misalignment? You mention the itchy/crawly tension in your back and shoulders. Do you have a chiropractor that you trust who can make sure your back/spine is in proper alignment?

Other options might be Past-Life-Regression or Hypnosis to determine if your back and shoulders are carrying any unrecognized emotional pain.

Regarding the weight/diet issue:
Maybe a change in perspective is required. The "Law of Attraction" states that "what we focus on expands." Diets focus on weight, so weight expands when we want it to decrease. It may be better to focus on becoming "healthy and whole." (I learned this from James Arthur Ray, http://jamesray.com/, on Oprah's episode of "The Secret.")

- Eric

eplunk3742 #58660 02/19/07 11:15 PM

We must pay attention to the messages our bodies are telling us. Often our power is in these feelings. If you can note your feelings into a feeling journal. Ask questions such as is it tight, twisted, tense, hot, cold. Where in the body do you feel these feelings in your chest, stomach, neck and elsewhere. And it is excellent that you let yourself feel the feelings without giving them labels such as good or bad. They just are.
As for Diet and Exercise look into this book from Dr. Gabe Mirkin. The Healthy Heart Miracle. That is a very good program.
And yes often when I work with the paraliminals emotions will come up and those emotions are gifts. It gives me material to work on and grow.

Last edited by kevinfromnorthernont; 02/19/07 11:20 PM.

Hi

This seems to me like you may have over trained and need to take a number of days off (4-6) with out doing anything other than just relax. The muscles have a way of creating memories so if you are doing the same routine day in day out then at some point what you are doing is less effective, it is a really good idea to create, 3-5 very different workouts and to rotate them every 3 weeks, this way the body as to keep adjusting, which means it has to keep changing as a result.

When you over train one thing that can happen is the muscles get stuck in an on/of active/rest pattern which means they can get stuck and a huge amount of tension can build up. This could be the host of the rage you are talking about as that maybe the case, over the next few days where you are doing nothing other than relaxing drink lots of water and the time that you would be using to ride your bike or lifting weights, use that time to stretch all you muscles out.

One of the biggest reasons why some people don’t see the changes they want when they go to the gym, is one they stick with the same workout for too long, two the intensity is not there, and they just don’t put enough effort in to the work out, i.e. they spend say 1 hour and 20 minutes where they could do the same work out in say 55 minutes.

From the 1100-1400 calories your body needs food and gaining weight may be a sigh that you body is in starvation mode, which means you are not eating right; an incredible program that you might consider is the body for life challenge, at bodyforlife.com a very good 12 week program, worth a look.

Jay

Jay186 #58662 02/20/07 04:14 PM

Lots of good suggestions here, so here's just one more. On another forum here I talked a little about how some programs work really well together--in conjunction with your "Ideal Weight" program, see if you can find a copy of Paul McKenna's "I Can Make You Thin" book, which also comes with a cd. I found mine on eBay, and it had to be shipped from the UK.

I sincerely wish LSC had used more of the ideas from this book and cd, one of which trains people NOT to diet, but to eat well. I watched about* 30 pounds fade away using both McKenna (daily for a couple weeks, then once a week) and Scheele (once or twice a week). I also used the Self Esteem Super Charger cd every so often.

(*about--McKenna says to stay away from the scales, they just get in the way of what you want because you're concentrating on your weight)

Jay186 #58663 02/20/07 04:34 PM

Hello Deborah,

From what Jay wrote, it sounds like he is writing from personal experience! I totally agree with him that you need to eat more calories. If you are looking to lose weight, first establish how many daily calories you need to maintain weight. Then subtract 5oo calories from this in order to lose about 1 pound per week.

As a rough guide don't allow your calorie level to fall below your basal metabolic rate (BMR) - the number of calories your body expends by doing nothing. An average basal metabolic rate for many women is about 1500 calories a day.

I too struggled with weight loss and in my search for the solution I found out that one thing most people neglect from their "Diet and Exercise Routine" is... rest. 8 hours of sleep, so the body can recover. Are you resting enough?

Also, I never really gave this much thought but... "Where does the fat that you lose go?" It doesn't magically disappear. The fastest way fat leaves the body is in the Urine. Are you drinking water? 64 ounces a day is the minimum recommended (eight 8 oz glasses).

I'm listening to the Ideal Weight Paraliminal to control my appetite and to eat healthier foods. I'm happy to report it is working. Deborah, please update us on your success!!!

relax4comfort #58664 02/21/07 04:11 AM

love this thread. Jeanne how long did it take for you to lose the 30 pounds?

I am going to have to get the Ideal Weight pl...

cheers,
scooter~*

scooter #58665 02/22/07 02:48 PM

Quote:

love this thread. Jeanne how long did it take for you to lose the 30 pounds?

I am going to have to get the Ideal Weight pl...

cheers,
scooter~*

Scooter, not sure about the precise time, but I think it was "around" 6 weeks. It wasn't long. I am very happy with the results, and continue to listen to both cds from time to time--just to keep myself on the right track. Paul Scheele and Paul McKenna are my heroes!

Jeanne #58666 02/23/07 10:34 AM

thanks Jeanne, That is very impressive. Look forward to doing something similar myself sometime!

scooter

scooter #58667 02/25/07 03:30 AM

what did you eat Jeanne? with that good of weight loss you must have had a good eating plan...

thanks!
scooter~*

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved