Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
shin Offline OP
OP Offline

I got even more anxious after listening to
Anxiety-free paraliminal tape. Isn't it
counter-effective when one isn't too relaxed when listening to the tape?

thanks,

Shin

Administrator
Administrator

In your case apparently yes.

How did you state your goal prior to using the Anxiety Free paraliminal?

Alex

shin Offline OP
OP Offline

well, just told myself to ease anxiety after listening to the tape. I@used earphones, lied down to relax and listened to the tape.

Hi Shin

Don't use negative words in your goal statement, like "anxious" or "anxiety". It isn't good to say "ease anxiety", it's better to say to feel safe, secure, calm, peaceful, tranquil, relaxed and aware, etc. To use the word eased also means you are moving away from the negative, instead of moving toward the positive. Once you have chosen positive words, check if they are positive in your own opinion. Sometimes we can have words that are positive but have a negative charge for us personally.

It is very helpful to feel relaxed when you listen to Anxiety-Free, but this is difficult sometimes. Use the anchors Paul Scheele mentions at the beginning of the sessions, like love, wisdom, and the feelings when opening a gift and you receive the gift you hoped for. Repeat some of those words when you go through the session gently to free your conscious mind. I can't remember how many anchors there are but there are more than I've mentioned.

I'll just echo Grant.

Use positve affirmations.

Don't use away from negative state affirmations. The can be counter productive. Which is just want I thought after reading the thread subject.

Good luck,
Iam2

Administrator
Administrator

It also helps when you use the anxiety free tape that you work on a specific goal. Like already advised, focus on what you want to gain (outcome) rather than what you want to drop. As long as you focus on what you want to drop you hold onto it.

Alex

I usually place myself in a tropical island scene and I found this works great for me. I relaxes me immediately when I start getting tensed up during a listening session. It really frees up the concious mind.

If you find it difficult to do this, you can easily search the web for such pictures to give you an idea of what it's like. I sometimes use wallpaper of nature scenes on my desktop. Try it.

Tazster.

shin Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you very much. But I feel more relaxed listening to ordinary speakers than with earphones.
Does anyone have the same experience?

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved