Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mirko Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello

I am currently doing some studying to further my career.

I have been using the PhotoReading techniques I have picked up from the home study course. As part of my studying i have some material where i have sample questions and answers.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for PhotoReading material of this sort?

Is there something they have tried and their results.

From what i understand about PhotoReading, there are a variety of different techniques out there and you need to find what works for you. I was just wondering if other people have been in this situation and what they have found works or doesn't in their case.

Thank you

Mirko

Hello.

Photoreading is not about developing a photographic memory.

If you are using photoreading for school it will involved many,many multiple superreading & dipping, skittering passes. It will involve adding more & more information to your mind-map.

Keep in mind that you are dealing with a textbook that is completely different from a regular book. Therefore you will be spending much more time than a regular book. A regular book you would activate in say (for a beginning photoreader maybe 90 minutes to 2 hours). A textbook you would activate in 25 to 30 hours.

Photoread4me

mirko Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I have gone over the photoreading book again and realized I have forgotten that you don't read everything the same, esp. when it comes to technical or textbook material.

I have restructured my methods and I'm getting better gelling results now.

Thank You.

Mirko

Hello.

You're welcome.

Some information i should have given you but did not.

A textbook can take from 25 hours to 90 hours depending on the level of complexity.

It's all about layers.

Photoread4me

mirko Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello

Yes, the one thing i noticed i was doing was when looking at a technical book with chapters. I should treat each chapter as a book and I was trying to grab the whole thing.

As I broke it up it is working better for me.

Mirko

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved