Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kunagi Offline OP
OP Offline

First of all, thanks to everyone who saw and gave me any advice in this photoreading forum or personally. All of you are really kind to me as my english is not well but all of you still saw and answered my question.

Days before, i got my SPM result. SPM is a test that government gave to student in order to measure their standard. Honestly, i would post result here so that i can seek for advice and improvement from you all.

I am happy with this result. I learned photoreading wholemind system when i was preparing for SPM. It's about three month from SPM. I finished my photoreading wholemind system course in september and i sit for SPM in november. That means i can only apply photoreading in my course for 1 more months.

A1 is the best, A2,B3,B4,C5,C6,D7,E8 and G9 is the worst.
Left one is SPM result, right one is the test result before SPM(that means photoreading doesnt apply on that test)

Language:
Melayu - B4/C6
Chinese- A2/C5
English- A1/B4

Science:
Physics- B3/D7
Biology -B4/C6
Chemistry - C5/E8
EST -B3/B3 (didnt apply PR on EST yet)

Calculation:
Mathematics-A1/C5
Additional Mathematics-B3/D7

Others:
History- A1/C6
Moral -A2/9G

As all of you can see, i have achieved a great improvement in all subjects that i learnt. Even the moral, i got 9G in the school's test, but in SPM i got A2. . With this result, i also proved that Photoreading Wholemind System is effective in my study as i only apply it on the last two month before the SPM and it made me get A2 of the subject i failed in the test! I would like to say Thank You for everyone who helped me in learning photoreading wholemind system. I would continue to seek for the knowledge with photoreading wholemind system and i hope i can continue to seek for advice from you all, my honored photoreaders in this forum.

=============================================

Well, however, i still wonder that why i didn't get A1 for all subjects......:D
Nowadays, i realized that i have not any improvement on my study and photoreading wholemind system. I would like to share my skill of photoreading wholemind system with all of you and hope all of you can give me advice and some tips of improvement. Thanks to you all.

My Photoreading Wholemind System
>>>>>First Step: Prepare<<<<<
Purpose>Affirmation>Time Setting>Ideal State of Mind
I always set my purpose before i start the whole system. Generally, the purpose i would apply to all study material is ' I need the information of this <book> so that i can <main purpose>, and i also can improve my photoreading wholemind system during the study, and improve my english during the study.

*****(Yes, i set the improvement of the PR and english as the side purpose. Now the question comes to my mind, is this purpose really helpful and effective in my PR? I believe that i set a right main purpose for every books i PRed, but i am not sure that these side purpose can really help or not.)

After i set my purpose, i gently close my eyes, and said to myself, "as i study the <book>, i am relaxed and focused." "after i studied the <book>, i am full with confidence." "When i need the information of the <book>, these information would simply flow in my minds, and i am easy to get this information to accomplish my goal." "i can accomplish everything since i set my mind on."

After the affirmation, i would ask myself several questions,
Is the information in this <book> important to me? Why?
Is the information in this <book> worthy to me? Why?
What is the information i want from this <book>, detail or just overview?
How many times i would use to finish this book with the whole Photoreading wholemind system?

Then i would go into the ideal state of mind by imagine a tangerine and put behind my head. I imagine my field of vision is widely opened then i start the next step of PR system, which is Preview.

*****I have some question about the tangerine. Can i imagine an abstract thing such as a holy cross which has not smell and sound but have a warmful feeling when i imagine it and put it behind my head?

>>>>>Second Step: Preview<<<<<
Check the headline and other things on the book's cover, copyrighted date, author's preface, author's biography and etc>Read the first page and last page>Take trigger words every 20 pages.

*****I have some questions about this trigger words. When i take the trigger word from the book, i take the words that i feel really interesting for me. However, i do not know is those words fits to my purpose or not. Many times, i randomly pick out the words which i did not recognize at all!

Then i would review the trigger words i took from the book and ask several question to myself.
Do i want to further? Why?
Do i want to change my reading point? Why?
How many times i would use to finish my study?

>>>>>Third Step: Photoreading<<<<<
In this step, i would start to recreate or reset my purpose of studying this <book> based on what i got in the preview step.Then i would start to enter the resource level by simply relax my body on a bed.

I took three deep breath, and the fourth breath, i imagine a flow of relaxation and healing comes down from my head to my toes and all tension is out from my body. Then i said "three". After that, i took a deep breath again, and imagine i am in a dark field and only me, tangerine, and the <book> Then i imagine all my concentration is on that <book>'s. Then, i said "two". When i said "one", i imagine i am running on a wide grass field, and i jump up, and i am in the light, then i said to myself(mental sounding), " as i photoread, my concentration is absolute." "all that i photoread makes a lasting impression in my mind, and is available to me." "i desire the information of this <book>, to accomplish my <goal>."

Then i open my eyes, and start to photoread. After i photoread, i did some affirmation and close my photoread step.

*****Here is the question. Do i need to start the mind probing instantly after i just finished my photoreading step? I always start mind probing after waiting for 20mins~1 hour. This means i start my mind probing before the activation step.

>>>>>Fourth Step: Activation<<<<<
Before i start my activation, i would review my goal and purpose. Then i start mind probing. After that, i did superread and dip.

The step seems easy but many problems start in this step.

*****Firstly, is it effective that i start my activation instantly after i just finished my mind probing?

*****Secondly, i realized that except the book that i need to do exercise and test, i gave all the book 5 times of activation and 1 time mind-map and the length of time is 20mins. I mean even the book that wrote by PhD, i also finish it in two hour activation. I thought i knew it well but it is weird right?

*****Thirdly, i realized that i can get 70% comprehension in every study but honestly, 70%...is really few. What i mean is, is that got anyway to allow me get 78~80% of comprehension in just 1 hour and 40mins of activation? or do i have to expand my time of activation so that i can get 78~80% of comprehension? I tried 30mins rapidread but i can only get more 1%~1.5% of comprehension from the book......(optimistical view)

So this is my photoreading wholemind system and my question. I would like to seek for any advice and view from all of you. Thanks to you all.

Best regards,

Kunagi

Last edited by kunagi; 03/16/07 12:28 PM.

Hi Kunagi

Congratulations on your improved grades. I wish you more such success and improvements in your future. Yes, everyone on this forum will be too happy to help you with whatever queries or questions you have with respect to Photoreading.

Now, to answer your question as to why you didn't get A1 for all subjects. Kunagi I would like you to understand that yes grades are important and I am in NO way suggesting that anyone should not work on improving them or stop concentrating on getting better grades. Having said that it is important that you put grades in the right perspective. Grades are just symbolic representation of your comprehension, understanding and application of the material you have studied. Yes they are just symbols and that's it. When you say "Nowadays, i realized that i have not any improvement on my study and photoreading wholemind system", then I comrehend you actually mean that your grades are not climbing any higher.

Kunagi, you need to put things in right perspective and have a more broad look at things. Let me give you couple of points to explain myself:-

1. When you are scoring at 50% and then you score at 80%, yes that's an improvement of 30%, congratulations. But now, when you are at 80% and then in your next exam you score at 83%, well then that's an improvement of just 3% percent, correct? Mathematically yes, but literally no. Maintaing 80% is also an improvement and sign of progress, although you can't prove that statistically. So my advice here is keep striving for A1, at the same time maintain your current level of achievement is a sure sign of progress.

2. Kunagi, you must appreciate that we are here to learn, understand and enjoy ourself in the process. We are not here to just score A1 by any means whatsoever. My advice to you is that enjoy learning, celebrate the spirit of discovering new things, exhilarate in the process of acquring knowledge. Remember you are here to enjoy yourself. Once you have got the good grades, ask yourself the following questions

a. Do I now have better understanding and comprehension of material?
b. Do I fully appreciate the practical application of this material?
c. Can I discuss or teach this material to other guys?
d. Can I think of anything that can be created by application of this material which will be of good to others?

3. After ten years, these grades will not be important. To be honest I don't remember what my grades were when I was in 6th grade class. There are other things in life. You are showing improvements, if because of Photoreading whole mind system you are able to finish your material in less time and thereby have time to pursue your other hobbies. This will bring about all around development in you.

So, IMHO, you have more than one way to measure your improvement.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

Hi Kunagi

In this reply I will try to discuss the questions asked by you in your post above.

In the tangerine technique, yes as per me you can imagine any object. Alex and Photoread4me, I may stand corrected, if I am wrong. You can imagine a holy cross made up of wood, with all the smell of varnish or polish and which makes a sound when gently tapped with your knuckles. Since it give you a warm feeling when you put it behind you head, it is absolutely nice and please go ahead with it.

Whether you like it or not, believe it or not, you are guided by your purpose. Ask yourself, why those words seem interesting at the first place? Well, the answer is, somehow your purpose is guding your mind, and the words that strike you are perfect for your trigger words.

The right thing to do after PhotoReading is "postviewing". Depending on the duration of your previewing and how much you understood about the structure and essence of the material, you can use your "postviewing" time to formulate questons. But yes the real mind probing questions should come after you have incubated the material and now you are ready to start the activation phase. Yes, you should start your activation immediately after mind probing. In mind probing you are asking questions and in activation you embark upon the journey of answering those questions.

On the whole, I don't find any issues with your application of PhotoReading Whole Mind System. In case you have any doubts, my suggestion is just go through the audio course once again. This will not only clear your doubts, but also reinforce the mechanics of the system.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

kunagi Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Vaibhav

Welldone. I can see and feel your concern from your replies. Thanks for your concern and i really appreciated it.

First of all, i want to say i really like your words as you are not only explain the photoreading wholemind system with great examples and logically, you also teach attitude of learning photoreading wholemind system to me and other photoreaders.

I thought your words are absolutely correct, mostly perfect. We are here to enjoy, but not pursuing things that we would forget in later time. For me, the more important thing is discoveries, research and development. I love to discover anything and develop new thing as i hope i can use my whole mind to benefit others.

The "not any improvement on my study", (smile) it actually meant that i applied photoreading on my study but i cannot feel that i am study well as i am confused with many question about photoreading wholemind system. As for "not any improvement on my photoreading wholemind system", it actually meant that i can only get 70~75% of comprehension for every book. Honestly, i am willing to get higher comprehension as i am not likely the who like to keep the 75% comprehension through my whole life. I am willing to improve it to 80~85% of comprehension as i can discover more stuff, write more article, generate more ideas, and all these knowledges can be used to teach and help people. This is my vision and target.

Hoho, for me, my reason for not pursuing the A hardly until sacrifice all times to become a bookworm is i have more important thing to do in my life. I am willing to give all things that benefict to people. At least i thought the knowledge can live longer than A right? At least, when i am near to dead, the first, second, third, fourth until last thing i thought before i die would NEVER the grade A and the result of the test.

Whatever, thanks for your advice and tips! It's really great for me and other photoreaders! Your english is also very nice and it beneficts me very much. Thank you for your concern.

God bless you

Best regards,

Kunagi

kunagi Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Vaibhav

All i can say is perfect. I would apply the holy cross technique, concept about trigger words are guided by purpose and the postviewing technique today with not doubt at all.

Thank you for your advices and views. I just wonder that are you really just a member of the photoreading forum? Your answers and advices are quite professional at all.

I have one more question. Can i say out my purpose and any other answers of questions that asked in my thinking?

Thanks for your ideas and advices.

God bless you

Best regards,

Kunagi

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The tangerine is just something that every can imagine easily. We are all familiar with it. It can be any image you want. Some people even put on a hat or cap, a real thinking cap to remind them of the focus at the top back part of the head.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved