Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58942 03/16/07 07:13 PM
OP Offline

My father is 71 years old, and he has low blood pressure, he often faints. So I´d like to know wether (or not, if have any contraindications, because of his age) he can do Spring Forest Qigong movements, and which of them are the most apropriate for him to heal low blood pressure problem. How often he should do the exercises????????

I´m looking forward to receiving good news.

Paulo

Hi SANDRADEPAR
I would suspect that moving of Yin
and Yang and breathing of the
universe to be the main exercises
to do. How often? every day would
be nice.

It would be nice to do them all.
I would also recommend the small
universe and/or the self concentration
meditations.

If I am wrong I am sure that someone
will correct me.

Wishing the best
Gabby

Last edited by Gabby; 03/18/07 01:52 PM.
Gabby #58944 03/20/07 11:21 PM

Dear Paulo,

You may know this already, but I'll also mention/remind you of a simple exercise Chunyi Lin gives in his Level 1 introduction on the first audio CD.
When he is explaining how our thoughts can affect our body he gives the "my fingers are getting shorter, shorter, and even shorter/longer etc." example and then goes on to the lowering of the blood pressure using the same concept.

As I remember it you rub each of your fingers on both hands (using thumb & forefinger) 2/3 times from fingertip to bottom, starting with the little finger, while repeating (in the mind or out loud), 'I am lowering my blood pressure, I am lowering my blood pressure...'
You might want to double check the CD to make sure this is right!

So I see no reason why this couldn't be reversed to suit your father's problem (if anyone else does please correct me here). So perhaps that would just be rubbing the fingers from the base to the fingertips with "I am raising my blood pressure..."
This could be done at least once/twice a day or something and I think it would be a very useful tool to complement the active exercises and help him to improve his blood condition.

Also, I thought because your father often faints it might be better for him to do the whole practise sitting down at first?

With much love,

Theo

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved